Monday, January 4, 2016

Time, and how it flies and stuff!

This little guy turns two tomorrow!

 

This means that he is officially a toddler, and I should definitely try to stop calling him my tiny baby, but I don't think I will.  I still feel like he's so little, and then I see an actual little baby and go 'oh yeah, that's right.' Never mind, I think he'll be the littlest one forever. Sorry bub!




Throwback to his last birthday, and I'm pretty sure it was snowing outside. We'll have a different kind of party this year, I think. We were going to have a massive barbecue and invite everyone, but due to circumstances, we've postponed it for the time being, and who knows if we'll get around to celebrating properly. One thing that has not changed since his last birthday - poor little second baby.


Felix is a total sweetheart, he's talking and playing and making aeroplane noises as I type. He's also a mischief maker, and he's started to get really cheeky lately, too. And we've seen the first couple of two year old tantrums already, complete with screaming meltdowns, but I think we're better equipped to handle them this time around. This is good, because Felix seems a lot more headstrong and decisive than Henry was at his age.



He is a fearless adventurer who would follow his brother to the ends of the earth. They hug, and giggle, and chase each other around the house for hours on end. I'm so proud of both of them, how they've adjusted to the big move, how they look out for each other and forgive each other when things go a bit haywire.


Aaand we love him. Happy birthday, babiest baby!

  

3 comments:

northern musings said...

Big hugs and kisses from me and amma xoxoxo - miss you guys so much. Mum is going to love seeing and reading this - THANKS.

Anonymous said...

A big happy birthday to Felixstowe from longamma and me. Love you all lots. Sympathy to Ross from us as well.

Maja said...

He's so cute. Happy birthday Felix! Olivia has been playing Henry's and Felix's all week, I think she's trying to tell me something... we should catch up soon!