Friday, January 2, 2015

Heppy New Year!

 Yep that title has a typo and it stays. Have a hep new year like all the other hep-cats around.

So, how's things? We had a pretty quiet new years' celebration, we cooked up a ham that Ross got in his Christmas hamper, and it was delicious! We took Henry to see the bonfire and fireworks display at 9pm, then came home and crashed. I woke up at midnight when the massive fireworks party happened, but I didn't get up to watch or anything. Party poopers!



As much as it is almost impossible to get these dudes in front of a camera, they both kind of love photobooth, so it's relatively easy to get funny grainy shots like these. Felix and that cracker is my favourite.

Oh yeah and also it was my birthday the other day, but I think I've stopped celebrating nowadays. Ross and I went out for dinner while Vicki watched the boys, and it was quite nice.

There are some bigtime post-holiday-bleh feelings around here, so we took the tree down yesterday. Decorations really do just turn into visual noise after a while, it's quite relaxing to have the blank space instead. Plus we're all just exhausted because Felix still doesn't sleep properly. Poor dude still gets so itchy, I may have to take him to get another allergy test to see if there's anything else triggering his rash. That said, time will probably be the thing that gets rid of it in the end, so just waiting it out is also an option.

Anyway anyway anyway. Must share something else so that we don't end on a whinge. Oh yeah, I've got just the thing:

See, we were having trouble trying to find stuff to put in Felix's shoes as presents from the Jolasveinar, so I made him this ridiculous and terrifying puppet. I was so proud of it that I took a photo to send to people, but then Henry stumbled across the photo while he was playing on the computer. I didn't want to risk ruining the idea of the Jolasveinar for him, so I decided not to put it in Felix's shoe... However, it's Felix's birthday on Monday. I predict he'll either fall madly in love with it, or run screaming from the room. Place your bets!

1 comment:

Maja said...

Heppy New Year!

I decided to take my chrissy decorations down early too. But still haven't got around to it.

I am going to comment here for all the previous posts I haven't commented on yet. Poor little Felix with the itchiness. I bet it gets better when the weather gets less cold and dry. I always got eczema in winter in iceland, usually on my hands, but I even got it on my shins last time we visited in 2011 and we were only there for 2 or 3 weeks!

Happy birthday for last year. I feel the same way about my birthdays, too. Meh. But happy birthday Felix!!

I must go to bed.