Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas '14

Christmas, woo, yeah... We did what has become our 'usual' holiday - dinner at Sigga's on Christmas Eve, and then we made brunch on Christmas Day. Kristinn and Jasmine are here, it is great to catch up a bit!

Thought about cropping out the baby, is that terrible parenting?

Cheetah mask! Also, the hand positioning reads as 'Oh no, what have I done?'
Although maybe that's just me.

The boys show Langamma how fun magnets are.

Dinner!

Toys!

To be honest I wasn't really that excited about Christmas for me this year, it was all about the dudes. Which I think is as it should be, not that everyone isn't allowed to be excited, but little kids just seem to get so thrilled about the whole thing. They both loved all the presents and kisses and family times, it is really nice to see it through their eyes.


Stripey boys in a box, just because.

Ooh, I have stopped breastfeeding Felix*, which means that I get to eat EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. And I am. I'm trying not to overdo it, but that's kind of what Christmas is about, isn't it? I have been eating a lot of cheese, but it's more the stuff that had incidental dairy in - salami, gravy, biscuits and chips. Also ice cream. I'm not craving as many sugary things as I did, I think I was trying to compensate for the lack of richness with sugar.

* When I was talking to Ross at some point, I said 'Hey I didn't feed Felix at all today!' because I feel weird overusing the word 'breast', but then it sounds like I didn't give him any food at all - 'he's on a starvation diet, yay, can't trigger eczema with food if you don't get any, woo!' Anyway. Breast.

So Felix's sleep has been a bit wack, the first week was the worst - when he got super itchy at night, I used to feed him to sleep, but now obviously that doesn't work. We're figuring it out, and it is definitely getting better. He just scratches the hell out of his face and head sometimes, I wish we could find the magical 'stop scratching' formula already.

Anyway, I should post this! I'm having weird inferior feelings about everyone else's beautiful holiday photos, so let's stop overthinking it and press post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh. Beautiful post and photos. Missing you heaps . Lots of hugs and love to all of you.