Monday, October 27, 2014

...

What is up?

Winter happened last week, on Monday morning it was sunny and by lunchtime it had started snowing. It's been pretty blizzardy on and off this week, I'm very grateful that I don't have to spend too much time outside unless I choose to. That said, we definitely need to make a snowman at some point.

Ross rescued the neighbours' kitten from the top of a tree the other day - at first they just asked to borrow our ladder, but then after they failed Ross offered to help. He had to climb from the ladder into the tree, and once he reached the kitten, he grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and held on tight. The little boy who owns the kitten saw this, and started shouting 'stop it, you're killing her!', but in Icelandic, so Ross a) didn't understand, and b) was kind of busy anyway trying to get down one handed. It all ended well, so that was good.

Felix has an eye infection (boo hiss), and the constant wiping to clean it is making his eczema flare up big time (BOOOOO! HISSSSSS!) And he's teething. Woo. It feels a little bit like we just can't win at the moment, but this too shall pass.

I've been working on Halloween costumes for the dudes, not that we're doing anything in particular. Henry will be a ninja turtle (Raphael, of course), and Felix will be a skeleton - Gosh I love costumes on babies. Also, just costumes in general. Yay dressing up!
I'm also binge-watching Project Runway while sewing, it's pretty interesting and makes me want to make more things. I might have to invest in a decent sewing machine when we get back to Australia.

What else? Felix is soooo close to walking, he's really confident about just letting go of things and throwing his body weight forward. I feel like Henry didn't walk until he was positive that he could, whereas Felix just kind of wades in and hopes for the best. I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to see personality differences so early, but there you go.

Hmm, can't think of all the million things I was going to say, so it must be photo time!

Mohawk
Henry and I took some photos of each other, and they turned out really nice:





2 comments:

KH said...

Man it is kinda rad that kids can learn to take photos so young now, awesome!

Maja said...

I keep thinking about how I could replicate my favourite old clothes by sewing them myself, but it's another thing I will probably never get around to. I have a mini sewing machine my mum gave me but it's sitting in a cupboard in the box, still unused. I think it only does one kind of stitching, not that I've checked!

Have you tried putting breastmilk in Felix's eye? I tried it when I had conjunctivitis and it worked a treat. Infection started late in the evening and then next morning when I went to the doctor, it was just about gone already. Poor Felix with the eczema. I hope it goes away when he's older. Valdi had it when he was a baby, but it went away.