Friday, August 22, 2014

Ugh.

Felix has been having a terrible time lately with his teeth and his eczema - and so of course the rest of us have suffered, too. I keep starting to write a blog post, but it's just all whinge, so I give it a miss. But hey, maybe you'd prefer whinge to radio silence? If so, read on!

It's nine o'clock in the morning right now, and Felix has been crying for just about a solid hour. I just managed to get him to sleep in the Ergo carrier, so now I'm doing a standing desk thing at the kitchen hatch.


Haha, I was going to purposely try to do one with a slightly mad expression, turns out I didn't need to attempt a crazy face, that's just what I look like right now.

Anyway, the silence is golden, and I got a doctor's appointment for him today, so hopefully all will be well. I have a sneaking suspicion that he has an ear infection, he really hasn't been able to lie down and sleep lately. And then the more tired he gets, the more he scratches his eczema, and the itchier it gets, and the harder it is for him to sleep. Blah blah whinge, vicious cycle, parenting is hard, etc.

On the plus side, there's this face.


What else? Someone linked to this essay that made me laugh so hard: Hello stranger on the street, could you please tell me how to look after my baby? Especially the rash on his face part, I can just relate so much, and now if we're out in public and someone seems to be judging me, I just turn to Ross and ask 'Is his onesie his face?' Golden.

Henry has been going to the big leikskoli all this week, and he's doing really well. He hasn't cried or anything when I've dropped him off, but that could be because he's so excited about all the new and different toys they have. Also the playground is pretty incredible. I seem to have inadvertently created a longwinded goodbye routine - well, it's not that longwinded, but we have to have a high five, then a fist bump, then a kiss goodbye. I wouldn't mind, but it feels a little bit over the top in front of the teachers. I'm sure they just think it's funny.

It's a bit weird, Henry has been awesome with the new school, and he hasn't said anything bad about it, but he has been a little bit more clingy and tantrumy at home. He started trying to fidget with the mole on my chest today, which he hasn't done in aaages. So there is obviously a little bit of adjustment to be done, I'm just trying to give him lots of cuddles and affection so he feels okay.

Ooh, I got a new second cousin, my lovely honorary big sister Maja had a baby boy! Yay for them! Yay for good news in general.

Okay, I'm going to head off now. Might try to sit down with the dude still in the carrier. Just realised I'll probably have to wake him up to get to the doctors. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay. Hope you guys are having a good day!

No comments: