Thursday, August 7, 2014

...

What's up? We've just been enjoying the holidays - Henry and Ross have gone swimming heaps, we've caught up with our friends a few times, and spent lots of time just playing at home.

Felix learned a new trick - sticking out his tongue. He spent a solid couple of days crawling around with his tongue hanging out like a puppy. Pretty cute.

Aaaand you can see where he gets it from.

My friend Edda and I went out for dinner at Hotel Varmahlid last Sunday night, and it was awesome! It was the first time in a really long time that I've considered taking a photo of my food, it was such a well presented dinner. Also delicious, I'm definitely going to take Ross sometime. After dinner we went to the bar and had a couple of beers, we were definitely living the wild life! It was great to have a proper catch up, and yet again I demonstrate to myself that introvert doesn't necessarily mean 'hates all human contact ever'.

Felix is crawling like a fiend, just super agile and always so pleased with himself. I vaguely recall being surprised when Henry had just started crawling, because I had assumed that the development goes in stages. Like, you learn to crawl, then you just focus on crawling for a while, then later you start trying to pull yourself up to a standing position. But nope, babies do not do that. Crawling allows you to reach different bits of furniture, which allow you to pull yourself up, now! He keeps discovering new objects to climb on and the first attempt is always a bit wobbly, but once he figures it out, he just pulls himself up like it's no big deal. Clever boy.

We had another doctors' visit for his eczema this week - can't remember if I mentioned it, but one doctor thought it might be something fungal, so we got a different type of cream which didn't really work. The latest doctor said she thought it looked eczema-ish, but she gave us a referral to a pediatrician in Akureyri. It was quite a reassuring visit, she just let me know all the things that might help, and it turns out that we're already doing most of them - regular baths but no soap, moisturizer, cotton clothes and keeping him cool. Also we're avoiding the main types of trigger foods like dairy and eggs, and I'm trying to cut them out as well. Black coffee is fine, but I find myself really craving creamy desserts.

Holidays finish this week, so Ross has to go back to work, boo! Also yay! that Henry goes back to leikskoli, I didn't realise how wonderful it is for him to hang out with all the kids and burn up so much energy. I don't know how people manage without it...

I think that's all for now. See you next time!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Glad the pediatrician was a good visit. And that you and Edda had a good time! Also, excellent photo. A+

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post and photo. Glad you've had a good holiday. Hopefully the doc in Akureyri fixes Felix's skin condition. Lots of love. Mum