Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sun and green!

I think it is now safe to say that the little man has figured out how to crawl - he still flops down on his belly every now and again, but there's more crawling than falling.
He's such a beefy little guy, it makes me laugh regularly. He'll just be hanging out, doing his thing, and all of a sudden I notice how pleasantly large and solid he is, and it makes me happy. Gorgeous boy.

Grass is serious business.


His eczema has been kind of terrible and I think he's teething as well, so we've had a few sleepless nights lately. Because Ross is on holiday, we've had alternating sleep ins, but I still feel so tired. Some cousins came for a visit last night at around 9.30pm, and Ross had to tell them that the rest of us were all in bed! Embarassing? Maybe just a little.

Ooh, we went up to Litli Skogur the other day - it's a mini forest behind the school, and there's a nice little path running alongside a river. It has been pouring with rain almost every day of the holidays, so we took advantage of a rare sunny day and went for a walk.


Felix rode on my back in the Ergo and seemed to really enjoy it. I always feel a bit uneasy not being able to see what he's doing, so back-carrying is a team effort for now. Also it's terrifying trying to get him into the carrier and onto my back by myself, but I guess it's just a matter of practice.

Darling boys

We attempted to take a whole family photo...


... which was followed by Henry's mad dash away from the camera.


Anyway, it was a lovely afternoon, and we'll definitely try to go again. Maybe we'll let Nina come next time, too.

What else? We went to Akureyri last week and did a bit of shopping. Ross bought some clothes to wear to Eva's wedding, and I bought some dye to colour my wedding dress!

By wedding dress, I mean the one I wore when I got married, which I may also wear to Eva's wedding. It's super comfy and light, but I would feel weird wearing white so I dyed it navy blue. It worked really well on the fabric, but there are rows of stitching on the front that are obviously made from something that doesn't like dye. I'll give it an iron and see how it looks, but I'm not too fussed if it doesn't work for the wedding. I feel like I have a million fancy dresses that I never wear.

Also, I've started looking at hair tutorials - what is happening to me? I guess I am just excited and looking forward to it! Dressing up and dancing and family and the beach! I can't wait.



3 comments:

Maja said...

Yay for a non-rainy day. Looks lovely there. I don't think I ever actually went to litli-skogur.

Eva's wedding will be awesome! Santorini is such a great location. I spent a week there when I went to the Greek Islands in 2002. We were stuck there about 4 days longer than we had intended due to a ferry strike, there's definitely worse places to be stuck.

Anonymous said...

Again, beautiful. Thanks for sharing your lives. You and Kristinn loved Litli Sk├┤gur when you were little. Good memories are made there. Just want to squeeze Those boys when I see those photos. Mum loves yous lots.

Anja said...

wow!!! this was such a nice post! Your day out in the green wild looks really nice, the photos are just adorable. Love you and cant wait to holiday together in Greece!!!!!x