Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sit ups!

Hey, look who can now sit all by himself:


I mean, the rest of us can, too, it's just that for him it's a new and exciting feat.

Super exciting.

He's also well on his way to crawling, I think he'll figure it out in the next month or so. Fun times ahead!

Ross is on holidays now, although we spent the first few days with a sick Henry and a scaly eczema'd Felix - not that awesome. Henry just had a fever and a sore throat, and the doctor said it was probably just a virus of some sort, and sure enough he got better on his own.
Felix's skin has been quite bad lately, and they were a bit worried about it at his six month old checkup. We've got a steroid cream that works like magic, but we're not allowed to use it all the time so we're currently trying out all kinds of moisturizers and creams in between. My favourite so far is coconut oil, because it makes him smell like a Bounty, but I'm not sure how effective it was on his skin. I also bought some intensive Neutral cream, but it's really sticky and greasy, and smells ever-so-slightly like spoiled milk. Gross.

If anyone has any super awesome advice for what works (or doesn't), I'm all ears. My current system is to try to keep him clean, cool and super moisturized. Also I've stopped eating nuts because I read somewhere that that could have an effect on him (and if that one is a load of bollocks, please tell me, because nuts are one of my favourite snacks ever and I miss them).

Hmm, I'm sure I had a million things I wanted to write about, but now I can't remember any of them. Oh well, they'll just have to wait for next time.

6 comments:

xb í Skagafjörð said...

Miss you guys. What other than duplo is required from gloriously warm deutchland?

Gil Liane said...

I've done quite a few articles on eczema treatment options, one I wrote was for children especially, and interviewed o a lot of people. Now, of course, I can't remember the top tips and most popular lotions! But I will dig up the material, and send it through to you, hopefully there will be something helpful in it :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post, love you and miss youx4.mum

Anja said...

I have no ideas what to do with baby skin, but to me the coconut sounds reasonable, also because I also use it for myself and love it. Hope you find a good baby moisturizer without too many addons and perfumes and stuff. happy holidays ross!!!!! xxx

soda said...

aaahaha this lil guy is the cutest! smelling like a bounty sounds like an amazing bonus.

Jacqueline said...

I get eczema periodically with really itchy skin and I find the best things for me are:
- Use soap-free wash from a pharmacy such as QV or Cetaphil. Don't use any skin washes or creams that have added fragrances. QV make a 'flare up' bath oil which would be super nice for the young fella.
- Don't over-wash the area (my hands are a major issue for this)
- Don't shower or bath in water that is too hot or wash for too long ( I guess this probably doesn't apply to Felix).
- Moisturise after washing but make sure it is a really boring plain moisturiser that smells like nothing (the sensitive skin brands like QV do moisturisers which are awesome for this).
Just some ideas!