Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Round two!






Whoo! Two days in a row, yayyyyyy! I am super good at motivating myself, right?

Anyway anyway anyway. I can't remember whether I have previously mentioned our upcoming trip to Prague - basically Ross' work has a staff entertainment fund to which they all contribute, then every two years they go on an overseas trip. I get to pay for my own ticket and tag along, and they organise the hotel and travel arrangements and everything.
Ross got all the details today, including a link to a restaurant rating site. You can search by area and type of food, and I pretty much exploded with excitement while browsing around. I am going to eat my way through the centre of Prague, and it will be glorious.

In other news, Henry has started swimming lessons again. Last week's lesson was not great, he was a bit timid and out of practice (unsurprising, since we haven't been swimming in months). He had a great time this week, though, splashed around, jumped into the water, and even deigned to try floating on his back for a bit. It was awesome.
After the lesson, Ross took Henry into the mens' changeroom, as the ladies' room is usually more crowded. While I was in my changeroom, one of the mums had a kid who was in the midst of the most massive tantrum that I've ever seen. All flailing and kicking and just shouting NO NO NO NO NO at the top of his lungs. I felt pretty bad for her, and tried to give her an encouraging/sympathetic face on my way out.
Then as I headed for the foyer to meet Henry and Ross, what should I hear from the mens' room? Henry's little (big) voice: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Hooray for being two.

Okay kids, I'm going to go now. Maybe I'll try to figure out what time zone I originally put the blog in, and how to fix it so my posts look more evenly spaced. Or maybe I won't. 

2 comments:

Gil Liane said...

Yay, Olga posts! Henry continues to be the most cutey-petutey child in the world- you can literally see how good natured and sweet he is, just by looking at his lovely smile. The Prague eating plan sounds SO EXCITING! Awesome holiday plan :)

Maja said...

Hmmm, Olivia is all no no no already. This week she hates baths. Lots of crying. Boooo.