Saturday, May 25, 2013

Not a lot...


Not really much going on around here, just figured I might do an update anyway...

Henry's birthday is coming up in two weeks' time, and we still don't know what we're getting him. He's at an age where he'll probably be excited about cake, and he might enjoy hanging out with a couple of friends, but I'm not sure he'll really care about presents... He gets pretty regular packages from his Amma in Australia, so I think he just assumes that presents are a routine part of life.

Anyway, we're kind of thinking of getting him a little tricycle type thing, if we can find one around these parts. Or maybe it's time for a trip to Akureyri? I've also started making him a stick horse, but I'm not sure if it'll turn out weird-awesome or just plain weird. Might finish it anyway, just in case. 

For his party we're just going to invite family, plus a couple of kids (whose parents we're friends with - coincidence?), eat some cake, and play. If the weather's nice, maybe we'll head to the playground and have a picnic instead!

My best catering plans have been thwarted by the shops here - I can't find mini mars bars or tiny teddies in order to make these (going to try it with big mars bars and some sort of animal crackers anyway!), and they don't seem to have normal hundreds and thousands for fairy bread! I found a whole bunch of different kinds of sprinkles, but they're mostly the longish ones, and in weird colour combos like brown and green... Boo. But I'm sure we'll get through it somehow.

What else? Work is still good, Ross always works hard, and spring is coming! This last week we had quite a bit of rain, but some really sunny days, too. So everything's looking green and hopeful at the moment. I really would like more warm days, but even if summer sucks here, I always have our Berlin trip to look forward to!

4 comments:

Unnur said...

Thanks for the post and photo. I've sent Tiny Teddies and Hundreds and Thousands. Can you get Milky Way mini bars there, they'd work, or those little cakes. Anyway good luck.I hope spring comes soon, 6 weeks til Berlin. Have you got summer gear for Henry? Guess you just buy it there. Love you all lots. Mum

Unnur said...

Thanks for the post and photo. I've sent Tiny Teddies and Hundreds and Thousands. Can you get Milky Way mini bars there, they'd work, or those little cakes. Anyway good luck.I hope spring comes soon, 6 weeks til Berlin. Have you got summer gear for Henry? Guess you just buy it there. Love you all lots. Mum

Anja said...

YAY! wow, i hadn't realize it is only 6 weeks left until your Mum pointed it out. Massive excitement! Aww, and Henry turns 2 already, I am sure he will have a terrific birthday with those little cakes and that wooden horse stick, how cool! I have a million ideas of what we can do when you guys are here, mainly stuff at my Dads house...wohhoo!!! Enjoy the sun and talk soon! xxx

Gil Liane said...

You could make this for Henry, my friend made it for her son to wear on his birthday and he had so much fun being a spaceman :) Plus, you're super-nifty and talented at making stuff! http://www.oneperfectdayblog.net/tag/space-party-jet-pack/