Sunday, November 18, 2012

“The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.” ― e.e. cummings

So we are now three for three with regards to weekend blizzards - every weekend in November, the snow has started on Thursday or Friday, and piled up over the next few days. Then it thaws a little during the week, and then BAM! More snow!

I didn't have to work today, as even Herdis' massive Jeep wasn't going to make it over the snowy roads. We saw two separate cars get bogged in the snow just out the front of the house - Ross helped the first set of guys, and injured his back in the process.
I, on the other hand, watched from the window as the later guy tried to dig his car out. It's okay, he managed fine without my strength and know-how.

So, we had a pretty quiet and housebound day. Photos (taken from inside, because BLIZZARD):
 
Kitchen window

Out the front door - that half buried shape in the lower right is our car

In other news, Ross has enrolled himself in a carpentry course, which should begin in spring if they get enough people. I phoned up to see if the language barrier would be a problem, but the guy sounded really enthusiastic and helpful, so it should all be good.

Henry has become a bit of a fussy eater, so I've been googling along the lines of 'how to hide vegetables in food'. Short answer: purees, long answer: it's immoral and if you do it you will lose your child's trust FOR EVERRR!!! Hilarious*.

* Now that I've laughed at it on my blog, I will no doubt be forced to eat my words when he discovers my deceitful nature, and I have to win back his love.

Since I was on the baby websites anyway, I had a look at all the developmental milestones for 18 months old. Henry seems to know way more words than the average baby, but I have a feeling they deliberately put a lower than average number, so that everyone gets to brag about their kid being advanced.

This guy. Definitely gifted.

Aaaand I just found this photo, and it must be shared. Ross took Henry to hang out at Vicki's while I was at work last week. The easiest way to get around in all the snow? On a little pull along sled!

Mush, Dad, mush!

I have pretty much decided that Henry is not going to leikskoli tomorrow. I didn't get around to digging the car out today, and the roads haven't been plowed either. I'm sure it'll get done at some point tomorrow, but probably not before 8am. Plus it's sooo nice to sleep in at this time of year.

1 comment:

northern musings said...

Good on Ross for signing up for the course! Well, it's a beautiful day today - apparently no more snow till tomorrow!