Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Darkness and bubbles

Henry went to leikskoli today for the first time since Thursday - I was going to send him yesterday, but he was still a bit out of sorts, so I decided not to push it. Best ever: he didn't cry at all when I dropped him off, he said hi to the ladies, and then wandered into the room and went to look at the toys! It was awesome.
 Also, guys, I think winter is coming. When we got in the car this morning, the streetlights were still on and it was pretty much DARK. It's amazing what a difference a week can make at this time of year...
 
Also weather related, I heard that there's going to be a northern lights segment as part of the weather forecast on the news. Pretty neat, hey? I always miss them, since I don't really leave the house much at nighttime, but it'd be handy to know as a tourist or when we have visitors. I just realised I've never tried to take photos of the northern lights with the swanky camera, so I must give that a go this winter.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------

Ooh, ooh, I remembered what I was going to mention in my last post. I've been reading a bunch of books on my Kindle, from a whole pile of them that Vicki got from a friend. Included on that disc was Machine of Death, a book of short stories based on one of Ryan North's dinosaur comics. If you can't be bothered following the links, the basic idea is that there's a machine that tells you how you're going to die - short phrases like DROWNING or OLD AGE.  But the machine 'delights in ironically vague deaths', so NATURAL CAUSES could be 'hit in the head by a koala bear'.

Anyway, I found it a super interesting and fun read, and it's available for free as a pdf, or you can buy a hardcopy! YAY FOR GOOD THINGS!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally, I'll leave you with Henry having feelings about bubbles:



2 comments:

northern musings said...

he is the cutest man in the history of mankind.. ( yeh biased and all that)

Maja said...

Hey when did Henry start talking? Was he talking in Australia? Did I miss that? I can't remember. I put on the video and Olivia stopped to listen so she watched the video with me. I'm loving how Olivia is interested in so much stuff, and other babies now too. We need to do skype!

So cute the way Henry says bubbles.