Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sheep and Leikskoli

Henry had his first day at Leikskoli on Thursday! It was pretty fun, and it's been really good for evening out his naptimes. It's just too exciting for him to sleep while he's there, so he comes home at midday and has a two hour nap - lovely!
There are three days in the 'adjustment period', where I hang out with him, then next Tuesday he'll have his first day all by himself. I hope it goes okay, but I guess it takes a bit of getting used to...

Yesterday was göngur and réttir - Kerry's daughter Isabelle went on the big horse ride, but the rest of us just went to watch/ help drag the sheep. Henry had the best time EVER, he spent the first half hour compulsively shouting 'BAA!' at the sheep.

Baa!

BAA!





Apparently he also got to sit on a horse, but I was elsewhere at the time. I think someone took photos, though...


Ross, as usual, worked his ass off dragging sheep around the place. I kind of love that he's just wearing a t-shirt in this photo, while everyone else is in jackets and lopapeysas. I mentioned it to Ross and his response was: 'Yeah, but it's not like it was cold, it was at least 8 degrees.' I think he's become more of an Icelander than he thinks...

I don't think there are any big plans for today. Mum and Dad took Amma to the hospital; she got knocked down by a sheep yesterday, but didn't want to go to the doctors' straight away. Hopefully it's not anything major, she figured that she had just sprained her knee or something like that. 
We're probably just going to potter around at home, Ross suspects that he's going to be loading containers again at work tomorrow, so it'll be good for him to rest today...

4 comments:

soda said...

haha wow that outfit is great!

Gil Liane said...

Olga, my mum said to tell you, Henry is so cute!

Maja said...

Aw that is so cute! Baa!

Anja said...

that's the cutest baa i've ever heard! i still wonder though what it would sound like if he responded with "mäh".