Thursday, March 15, 2012

Words and macaroni!

The other day, Henry totally said Mum, like, a million times*. I don't think he intended it to mean anything, it just seems to be a new sound that he can make. Still, it is totally bizarre to hear a word coming out of his mouth, instead of just babbly noises. How weird will it be when he can talk? We can have conversations and stuff. He'll be able to say what he's thinking - OUT LOUD.

In case I haven't made it clear - this baby guy totally blows my mind.

* He hasn't said it since. Oh well, there'll be plenty of time for talking later.


Henry is not really into 'hvað ertu stór'...

...But he thinks it's cute when Ross does it.

So what has been going on? Ooh, Henry got his Australian citizenship last Tuesday - got a nifty certificate and everything! I considered taking a photo of Henry with his certificate, but I figured that kind of official document is best kept intact, minus drool and teethmarks.

Anyway, I've filled in some forms for both myself and Henry online, and now I just need to get some photos and send it all away to Denmark. The site said that if it's your child's first Australian passport, then you need to attend an interview, either at the embassy in Copenhagen or the honorary consulate in Oslo... I sure hope they make exceptions, because I have no intention of travelling overseas just to get a passport.

----------------------------------------------------

What else? Ross has been doing a tonne of overtime, which means yay, money! but also boo! no Ross at home until late. It has been suggested that he could easily get a job on one of the fishing boats... It pays really well, but that's because you're away for a month at a time. I really don't think either one of us is okay with that trade-off, especially not at the moment, with Henry growing up so fast.

See, he doesn't even have any pants to wear!

Aaaaand I think that's about it. You would think that not posting for a while would give me more things to write about, but I guess all the little bits and pieces don't seem important enough to recap a week later.

But just to conclude the photo dump, here's Henry eating lunch today:


My favourite parts: the broccoli on his nose, his fascination with the upside down bowl, and Nina the cleanup crew in the background. Feel free to pretend you don't see the dog hair in that pile of macaroni.

3 comments:

Unnur said...

It would probably be easier for Henry to learn "amma" first!!!!!
Just kidding. I love the photos and I love all of yous. Keep posting please.

Unnur said...

It would probably be easier for Henry to learn "amma" first!!!!!
Just kidding. I love the photos and I love all of yous. Keep posting please.

Maja said...

So cute :)
You'd think they could make an exception for a baby's passport, what would they interview him about, anyway!
When I did my passport interview here, it just involved the person at the post office checking that I'd filled in the forms correctly. No questions or anything.