Friday, March 23, 2012

Oh well.

Aaaand here's a demonstration of how good I am at working the system (or getting the system to work for me):

Guess who just booked her flights to Copenhagen? Yep, I am officially lacking that certain combination of charisma and confidence that makes people want to go out of their way to make things easy for you, so we're doing things the hard way.

Oh well, I can't really complain - 'the hard way' in this case involves a two day holiday to a beautiful city accompanied by my squishy and adorable son. I get to stay in a hotel (which always feels like a treat, regardless of hotel quality), maybe do some shopping and eat some exciting different foods (is it terrible that I am super excited about eating some junk food, specifically McDonalds? Yes. Yes it is.)

Plus it will be a great practice run for our trip to Australia - it's a nice short flight, so I can try out some on-plane entertainment strategies and see what works. I'd like to pack reaaaaally light - maybe not even check a bag? And then I'll just keep a running list of everything I wish I had brought - or do some hardcore shopping in downtown Copenhagen!

I was feeling a bit upset about the money issue - 'wah, we're so careful with money, why do I have to spend it on this, wah wah'. Then I realised that the whole point of the frugality and saving is so that when situations like this come up, you have money there to spend!

Anyway, I am off to download some free baby-entertaining apps... And maybe one that translates Danish for me!

6 comments:

Unnur said...

Wish I could come to Copenhagen with you guys. Are you taking the bjorn or a pram? Love you all.

Unnur said...

Wish I could come to Copenhagen with you guys. Are you taking the bjorn or a pram? Love you all.

Anja said...

I wish those passport people would sit in Berlin. Why can't they be in Berlin?! Ah well, Copenhagen is beautiful. Try and enjoy the most of it. What an adventure. I hope everything goes well!! And I think you're an awesome mother, Olga!

northern musings said...

This sucks big time. They better be there ready and waiting for you! I should come with you - just for the hell of it... but it's tax time... bugger.

Maja said...

The best you can do is look on the bright side. At least passports last a long time, and next time you won't have to do the interview. Probably...

olga said...

Yup, bright side it is!

Maja, the interview is only for the first passport you get, so we won't have to go again, thank goodness!

Sigga - sure you can't skip work for a couple of days? Do some farmer's taxes next to the little mermaid?

Anja, it would be so nice if we could come visit you in Berlin instead!

Mum - I'm definitely taking a baby carrier, and I might even hire a stroller, too...

xx