Friday, January 27, 2012

So long, farewell, etc.

Well, Mum has gone back to Australia - and we already miss her! Henry put his new skill of waving to good use, and we all had a bit of a teary farewell. It's good to know that we'll be in Perth in a few months' time, but it's still pretty hard to say goodbye.



In other news, I've been sorting out Henry's citizenship stuff - I'd like to blame bureaucracy for the delays, but if I'm perfectly honest, it's just because I'm terrible at getting stuff done. Today I tried to take passport photos, as the photographer in town seems to be really hard to get a hold of. Cue cuteness:


He has started getting excited when you take a photos, instead of just staring in awe at the camera. In this one, he took a lunge in my direction just as I pressed the button*. Super cute, but not really a passport photo.

* I just spent about five minutes trying to remember if there's a specific word for that button... I want to say something to do with shutters... Do feel free to help me out in the comments. 

I think I got a useable one in the end, now I just need to do a test print to see if the resizing worked properly!

And here's three other photos that I love. They just kind of sum up how nice it can be around here.

Close up

Cuddle puddle

Neighbourhood watch

6 comments:

Unnur said...

Oh gosh, I miss you all soooooo much

Maja said...

Wow look how big he is! Is this his australian citizenship you're doing? Icelandic passport photos have you facing a little bit to the side (flattering!) but in aussie ones you have to face the front.

Jason is applying for his aussie citizenship at the moment too :)

May/June isn't too far away (actually feels like forever right now though).

TheVoicesProject said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eva.diblasio said...

Neighbourhood watch is my favourite! xx

olga said...

Yay for Skype, hey mum?

Maja: He really is a big boy. The other day we compared his feet to another kid's feet - they're huge.

Yeah, I definitely remember how inconsistently time passed while I was pregnant - months took forever to pass, but then it was all over so quickly. June cannot come fast enough for me!

Thanks Eva! I might try to recreate it every once in a while, to see how he's growing...

xx

soda said...

every one of these photos is the best!