Thursday, December 8, 2011

Whoa...

The baby dude had a half birthday yesterday, so he is now six months old... Are you as weirded out as I am?

He's been changing a lot lately, it seems like just over the past few weeks he's become way more steady and in control of his head and limbs. And now that he realises he can be somewhat in charge of what he does and where he goes, he seems to have developed some strong feelings on the subject. It's pretty awesome to watch him determinedly pulling himself around on the rug - he's not crawling yet, but he pushes himself forward a bit, then face plants, then repeats the process. Very graceful.

He also has a scooty-walker thing that is currently in the kitchen. He used to just hang out in the corner while I was doing kitchen things, but lately he's all over the place - I turned away from him for a few seconds yesterday, then turned back to find him right behind me, looking all pleased with himself. Such a dude.

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, in honour of his half-birthday and the fact that it's nearly Christmas, I tried to take some photos featuring him and the tree.


It was kind of fun, but I think I may have to get Ross involved next time. Maybe then I can get a shot I could theoretically use in a card (which we all know I won't get around to making, so I guess it doesn't matter too much!)




Ooh and on a related note: we have a Christmas tree, guys! It is pretty cool. This is the first time where Ross and I have had our own proper tree, just for us - I hope it lasts a long time...

The story of my parents' tree is pretty adorable. It's pretty small, and I always used to think it was lame - I wanted a big tree, with matching decorations, like something on display at a store. Anyway, they bought it for their first Christmas as a married couple, and they were pretty poor at the time. They had a little bit of money which should probably have gone on groceries or something useful, but instead they bought this little tree, and they've had it ever since.
Awww.

6 comments:

Unnur said...

Beautiful photos and words. Enjoy your Christmas tree with Ross and Henry forever. Yep, I have put up the old tree, 37 years now and it still looks lame , but good. This time of year brings out so much lovely sentimentality and memories. I love Christmas!

Anja said...

Happy 6 months to Henry! Wow, time flies; especially when you have someone so precious around. Totally counting down the days until I meet the little dude!!!

Vicki said...

I just love how Henry looks straight at the camera.

northern musings said...

Love that Christmas tree story, yep, these are the things that count.. the memories the feelings of a first Christmas... and happy half year to H he is the best!

soda said...

aw thats a nice story about your parents tree. and i think you should totally use one of these as a christmas card, especially the last one. it looks like he is about to eat the camera. happy half birthday, little guy!

Maja said...

Wow, six months. Sounds like he is gonna be crawling around real soon!

Our tree is kinda small as well and I'd like a taller one, but at the same time, it's a nice tree. I think I'll just get a stand to put it on!