Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"We turn not older with years, but newer every day" - Emily Dickinson

Today was Vicki's birthday, so we just had her over for a quiet dinner. I made a Moroccan-ish lamb stew, and a berry crumble for dessert. Pretty wintery menu, but then the weather is getting pretty wintery these days, too. Crumble is pretty much my favourite thing at the moment - I made about twice as much as was necessary, so guess what I'm eating for breakfast?

---------------------------------------------------------


In dude news, the little guy just gets more and more dude-like (read: grown up) every day. He's just about sitting on his own, although he's still a bit wobbly sometimes. Lounging on the dad-chair is a pretty good place to be.


He also has this bobbing up and down dance that he does if you beatbox for him. Luckily he seems to have a pretty wide definition of what constitutes beatboxing, so he manages to enjoy my lame efforts almost as much as he enjoys Ross' actual beats.

----------------------------------------
And in other news? I don't think there is any. For some reason I felt like I did a lot today, but it was all a bit errand-y and boring, and who wants to read (or write!) about that? Not me, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Anja said...

Henry looks sooo cute in the Dad chair with his dummy. His facial features take shape more and more. I am totally counting down the days until I can hold him for the first time and try out my beatboxing skills with him!!! Also: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to VICKY! That sounds like an awesome dinner you made! xxx