Monday, November 14, 2011

Teething pains...

That's literal, not metaphorical teething pains, by the way. The poor dude has been really fussy today, and I'm pretty sure it's because he's getting teeth. We've got a gel to rub on his gums, he's been chewing on toys, and he really seemed to enjoy gnawing on my apple core for a little while, but nothing works for long. If anyone has any magical cures, I'd totally be up for hearing about them.

Speaking of magical cures, I keep hearing about amber necklaces for teething. It seems like one of those ridiculous things I should be completely skeptical about, but then I read another recommendation and so it sticks in my mind... And to be honest, it's one of those situations where if anything seems even remotely likely to work, then I'm almost tempted to try it.
But I probably won't.

-----------------------------------------------

In other news, I decided that since Henry laughs at fart noises, that means that farts are inherently funny. It is an innate part of the human psyche to laugh at bodily noises, and it's something that everyone is born with. Y'know, just in case you were wondering what my take on that was.

 --------------------------------------------------

 What else happens in the world? Man, it's not even halfway through November and I have run out of things to say. I didn't really realise how much of my life is just the same thing on repeat - don't get me wrong, I love living my life, but writing about it feels like it's not as interesting as it used to be.

Okay, this is getting me nowhere. Time to stop thinking, hit post, try again tomorrow!

7 comments:

Johanna said...

...have you tried Bondjela - or something, don´t know how it is written -- you can get it in the Apotek - it´s a cream and you just put it on his gum - it cools... used to work for Steina´s kids... but do not over use it...

Vicki said...

I have a large piece of Amber if you want to try it???
I used to use Bonjela when my children were babies and it worked pretty well.

Unnur said...

putting the teething rings in the freezer- you can get water filled ones. Cold soothes.

Anja said...

my cousins second baby has been wearing an amber necklace since he was maybe 1 or 2 months old. Apparently when he was teething, it was definately soothing (she didnt use it with her first baby and it was more painful). Maybe it only works if the baby had been wearing the amber before the teething, but I dont know.

Sara said...

Luke has an amber necklace. I'm too scared to take it off - he has 4, almost 6 teeth, and he has barely drooled or been fussy as the cut.
The guy who discovered the properties of baltic amber actually won a nobel prize for his research i believe. As the body heats the amber, it slowly releases succinic acid, which is a natural anti inflammatory.

Also, overuse of bonjela has some dangers associated with it. Try some camomile or clove oil.

putting the teething rings in the freezer is a good idea.

good luck!

Sara said...

Also, you can start using amber anytime - it takes a few days to start being effective i think.

Vicki said...

Olga, I also have an old amber necklace, although we might need to re-string to make it safe.