Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's that time of year again...

I decided to do NaBloPoMo this month, and then promptly forgot to write a post today. Ross and Henry both fell asleep on the couch, and I thought to myself: Can I be bothered staying up late and writing a post? Then I looked at the clock and realised it was only ten past eight, so the answer is yes, I can stay up 'late' and write a post.

---------------------------------------

Henry slept at Vicki's house on Sunday night, so Ross and I slept. ALL NIGHT. Can you imagine? I thought I might wake up out of habit, but I didn't. Which was almost sort of disappointing, as I love the feeling of waking up and realising you can just go right back to sleep.

I picked him up around 9.30, and he fell asleep in the car seat on the two minute drive home, so instead of having his morning nap outside in his comfy pram, he slept all squished up in the car seat for an hour. I looked over when he woke up, and he had his hat down over his eyes, and had managed to wiggle down in the seat so his legs were sticking out at a crazy angle. It was quite hilarious, but I refrained from taking a photo and picked him up instead. Aren't I the responsible grown up?

-----------------------------------------

Forgot to upload this picture last time - I was trying to get a photo of his matching hat and socks and mittens, but the camera was more zoomed in than I thought. Still, he's a cute dude.


He had a scratch on his nose last week, and I've been waiting for it to heal so we can go get his passport photo done. He was looking pretty good this morning, so of course he managed to scratch himself again this afternoon. I should probably just resign myself to getting a funny looking passport photo for him. Or buy a nail file.

-----------------------------------------------


Ooh, my cousin Maja has some awesome news! It seems like everyone I know is having babies, which is totally fine by me. Maja and her husband are coming to visit Iceland in early December, and then we're going to Australia next year, so I get to see Maja's big belly AND meet their munchkin while he/she is still tiny. So excited and happy for them!

4 comments:

Maja said...

I'm trying to enjoy my sleep while i still can but it's broken up by regular trips to the loo!

Henry's hat is super cute!

KH said...

When?? When are you coming to Australia? I'll try not to be in Iceland then.

olga said...

Maja: Yeah, I think I sleep better now than when I was pregnant - at least I can roll over properly in bed nowadays!

K: Haha, we haven't booked anything yet, but we're thinking around June/Julyish - Ross' Dad turns 60 on the 22nd of June, so the trip will probably be based around that!

xx

Unnur said...

I'm so jealous of Vicki having a Henry sleepover. When I come it's my turn, you guys need a bit of time on your own (please) I've knitted a cute pair of socks fot Henry and a matching pair for you!!!