Saturday, November 26, 2011

!!

Today was super exciting - my cousin Maja and her husband Jason arrived in Sauðárkrókur! They came just in time to see the mini street festival where they turn on the lights on the big Christmas tree. Maja and Jason aren't staying long, but I'm so excited - and let's face it, you can probably get through most of the sights in the fjord in a few days anyway!

Ooh, Sigga had us over for a family dinner (lamb that Ross chased around a field in autumn - delicious as always), and Henry got to try some steamed carrots. He really seemed to enjoy them, although he still made a hilarious face with every bite. I wouldn't have thought carrots would be an early favourite, but then I guess they are pretty sweet when they're cooked. I just happened to buy a bag of carrots last week, so guess what I'm pureeing tomorrow?

I have also been planning to make banana bread all week, maybe I'll get around to doing that while I'm being all domesticated and stuff. I was thinking of making a few loaves and giving one to the nice lady who gave me clothes, but we'll see how that turns out. Last time I made banana bread, I made three intending to give two away... We ate them all within a couple of days!

Okay, I'm going to leave it at that - today felt like a loooooong day!

1 comment:

Unnur said...

Wow! Can't wait for the tree lighting photos! Banana bread sounds good especially if you aren't paying $20.00 per kilo for the bananas. Kiss the dudes from us!!!