Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sleeping and not-sleeping

A friend of mine linked to this awesome post about parenthood, it is pretty cool and true and worth a read.

-------------------------------------

Henry slept really well last night, I fed him around nine, nine thirty and he slept until four in the morning! It was pretty awesome, although I really have no sense of how long I sleep. Ross took him for a little walk the other night, and I fell asleep again and then apologised profusely when Ross came back to bed - I felt like I'd slept for an hour, but he said it had only been ten minutes... Win!

Anyway, while I was awake, I started thinking about my British bank account, which I never got around to closing when I left London - oops. To be fair, I had to leave it open when we were leaving so that I could pay the shipping company, and it becomes more complicated to close accounts if you're not there in person... Still, that was over a year ago, so not really an excuse.

I did have some money left in the account, but I suddenly worried that maybe I had gone into overdraft months ago, and was now racking up hundreds of pounds of debt. So I got up and phoned them (yay for 24 hour phone help lines in the UK), and it turns out I'm only 15 pounds overdrawn. Sweeeeet. I've been trying to find out how to close the account from here, but now their website has gone a bit weird and screwy.

Plus I couldn't remember my account number - I have it now, but it was a rollercoaster ride of emotions. See, I went through and organised my wool stash yesterday, and found a piece of paper with an account number on it - yay!
Unfortunately, I threw it in the rubbish bin - boo!
Luckily, the outside bins hadn't been taken yet, so I could pull out the most recent rubbish bag I threw in there - yay!
I dug through the bag of meat juice and grossness for a few minutes before realising that the piece of paper I wanted was actually in the (relatively) nice and clean rubbish bin inside - boo! But also yay!

So, all I need to do is write an official-sounding letter and cut up my card, and then I won't need to wake up in the middle of the night worrying about it anymore! Extra double-super-yay!

No comments: