Thursday, October 27, 2011

Good things are good.

One of my favourite websites (thanks Anna, for showing me Shakesville) has a question of the day, and I really like this one: What do you like best about the age you are now?

As someone points out in the comments, it's an awesome question - sometimes I tend to forget how many things I am grateful for, and it's a pretty great thing to be reminded of every once in while.

What I like best about being 27 (nearly 28!) is feeling more like I know what I want out of life, and that it's okay to not want the same thing as everyone else. I feel much more secure and happy in my body, and I don't care what anyone else thinks about the way I look. I feel like I have my priorities pretty much sorted, and I don't feel like I'm somehow deficient because of my lack of ambition or social skills.
I'm (mostly) a hermit, and proud of it!

Also, I'm pretty glad I didn't have kids before now, I think I'm more of a 'responsible grown up' type now than I've ever been. I know people have different maturity levels at different ages; there's a girl in my mothers' group who is 21 with an eight month old baby, whereas I can't imagine 21 year old me handling that much responsibility.

How about you?

2 comments:

northern musings said...

That's a really good question... may inspire me to write a blog. You are now and always have been incredible! Now you are recognizing in yourself what all your loved ones have always seen, sometimes it takes a little longer for us to see ourselves the way others see us, not the way we imagine they see us. I think it's taken me 49 years! ps you are an amazing mum - Henry is a very lucky boy to have you two as parents!

Unnur said...

I like being 57! I just don't like creaking bones in the morning. I agree with Sigga that you have always been amazing just like your siblings. Henry IS lucky to have you and Ross as parents!!!!