Saturday, June 25, 2011

Of course there's more pictures...


I'm trying to not swamp my blog with nothing but baby photos (although if you do want to see them all, they're on my flickr), but I haven't really taken the camera outside the house yet. And the main awesome thing to take photos of here is HENRY!


I promise I'll take the camera out today, there's a festival on at the moment called Lummudagar -  pancake days! Everyone in town is supposed to decorate the streets based on where they live: downtown is blue (yay!), up on the hill is yellow, on the other hill is red and so on. My favourite part is that the colour for all the farms in the area is pink - take that tough guy farmers...

There are also street markets and all sorts of events on, so hopefully there'll be some interestingness to photograph. Also, the Red Cross is open! I am pretty excited, I used to go op-shopping (or browsing, at the very least) on a daily basis in London, but the store here is open once a month, if that.



Poor Ross has got the flu, he was a little bit under the weather last week, but then he had to go back to work on Thursday and Friday, where he inhaled fish dust and somehow managed to develop a full on cold. Boo! He's taking it easy at the moment, and I'm trying to get him to call in sick on Monday, but I doubt he'll do it. Tough little trooper.

What else? Henry continues to be pretty fantastic, although he's a bit sniffly at the moment. So he was a bit grouchy last night, but I still think he's the best little dude I've ever met. We went to Akureyri on Thursday for a hearing test, which he passed with flying colours. He got a touch grouchy at one point, but I saw first hand the awesomeness that is white noise's effect on babies. Seriously, he went from whimpery and fussy, to staring into space, to totally asleep in about three minutes. Good to know.

Anyway, I think it is time to get up and get dressed and go find some bargains! Not sure if the weather is summery enough to take Mr. Monkeypants out, perhaps his first op-shopping expedition will have to wait...

2 comments:

Anja said...

Amazing, Henry is getting more and more beautiful every day. I want to take him out of the picture and hold him! Please give him a happy cuddle for me.xxx

Maja said...

Swamp away! Love seeing pics of Henry :) xox