Sunday, May 15, 2011

I want a Sunday kind of love...

... As I just realised I have become a Sunday kind of blogger. Oh well, never mind. There's not too much going on at the moment, we are just chilling out and playing the waiting game! Only three weeks to go til Henry's due, I am both looking forward to it and completely terrified.

Ross has been hard at work this weekend - we've discovered the awesomeness of upcycled pallet furniture and he has been pottering out in the shed trying out some ideas. He also tidied up in there a bit and discovered some pretty neat old things in amongst the junk. Looks like we might do some more creative recycling in the near future...

-----------------------------------------------

Yet another realisation that I'm living in a very small town: I was out in the garden with the dog yesterday, and one of our neighbours stopped to chat. She obviously knows exactly who I am, and as always I have no clue as to who she is or what our relationship is - do we even have one?

Anyway, she seems to be the neighborhood watch, and commented on the pallets that we got delivered, the furniture that she remembers being inside the house, our dog-raising methods, the trees in our yard, whether I was working, and so on forever. She was nice and all, but she did remind me a little of the 'nosey neighbour' from some American sitcom. So now I'm totally paranoid anytime I'm outside - good times!

---------------------------------------------------

What else? I have started reading this awesome blog called A Cup of Jo, it's just full of really beautiful design and fashion and photos, plus she had a baby a little while ago, so there's lots of that kind of thing, too. I could sit for hours just looking at pretty things. 

6 comments:

northern musings said...

Sundays are the best days - and even better when they are sunny like today. I should be out walking the dog... but Dr Who is just soooo Good! I don´t think I could watch these ones in the dark! Scary little girls always give me nightmares.

Like the pallet furniture - am very impressed.

Maja said...

That kind of annoyed me about living in s'krokur. The watching. They're always watching!

northern musings said...

ah but are they really seeing???

Sara said...

this is lovely too:
http://jordanferney.blogspot.com/

Johanna said...

Watching over you neigbour - that is what it means - living in a small town...
Some people are simly "nozy - forvitinn" - you just ignore them - but most are concern - and you learn to appreciate it when you get older - believe you me;°)... then you never feel alone - as you do when you live in a big city...
And when tragedy strikes - you appreciate it even more...
I have one very "forvitinn" neighbour - I just say hi to her and try to avoid her as much as I can.....;°)...

olga said...

Sigga: But who is that creepy little girl? Argh, my brain is tied up in knots!

Maja: Yup, just like the good old days. I think I'm adjusting though, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to...

Jóhanna, that's a good point, I'm not used to seeing neighbours as concerned or helpful, I'm used to my old neighbours in London complaining about the noise or just shouting crazy abuse through the windows... I think I prefer the watching and chatting!

Sara, it is a good thing it's my day off today, I think I'll be reading archives and dreaming about crafts all day.

xx