Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dogs are the best people...

So it has already been a week since we moved into our house, and it already feels like home.

Because nothing makes a house a home like...



A PUPPY FRIEND CALLED NINA!

She is the best ever, I'm fairly sure she is the most adorable puppy anyone has ever seen... I could be slightly biased, I guess, but never mind. Neither of us have ever had a puppy before, we've always had second hand dogs, so we're a bit new to this training thing - thank goodness for the internet is all I can say.
Nina is three quarters labrador and one quarter border collie, so she's really eager to learn, which makes life easier. She really seems to want to be good, so it's just a matter of communicating to her what 'good' is. Such a sweetheart.

------------------------------------------

I really need to get around to taking better photos of the house, although we haven't really done much so far apart from moving suitcases into their various rooms... Well, I say 'we', but Ross has lugged furniture up and down the stairs on his own, I am pretty much banned from lifting anything.

I'm not used to feeling so weak and sissy like, I didn't realise that my sense of independence was so important to me. Today at work, for example, for some reason the factory line where I usually work got turned off, so I went and did other work - sewing cod heads, woo!

Anyway, I then got asked to cover some breaks arranging fish for the freezer (remember fish origami tetris? Of course you do. No one forgets fish origami tetris.) I know that working at the freezer hurts my back these days, and I should have said no, but I didn't. Then one of the old ladies gave me a severe talking to about working too hard, which was sweet. I promise I'll say no next time.

----------------------------------------

What else? We had another sonar last week, and all is well. Henry is slightly below the average size for his age, but still well within the normal range, so I am happy with that - would much prefer to have a slightly small baby than the biggest one they've ever seen!

And that's about it. We're pretty much just working, and then spending our free time alternating between pottering about doing things to the house, and snuggling with the puppy. So life is good.

3 comments:

northern musings said...

She is a beauty - mind you... her cousin Freyja is not bad either! (looking that is .... am sure Nina will be much better behaved... )

So happy for you and your "family unit" Happy days neighbour.

Maja said...

Oh my god you are so lucky to be able to get a dog and she is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Nina is an awesome name!! So jealous of you right now!

Yes come on, take some photos already, you need to document your house in full!

Xxx

Unnur said...

I didn't realize Nina wa snamed after a black singer, thought it was just an Italian and Icelandic name. She's adorable, I'm glad you're going to train her properly. Our thoughts are with Bjossi and the family now, just hope he doesn't suffer. He is such a beautiful man. Anyway please do more photos of the house. Love you lots.