Thursday, March 3, 2011

So let's put on our classics and we'll 'ave a little dance, shall we?

The Streets' first album is awesome for occupying your mind while working inside a fish factory.

Ooh, also, here's a list of UnderSea Invertebrate* songs:

1. Prawn Dream - Boys Boys Boys
2. The Mollusk - Ween
3. Octopus' Garden - The Beatles
4. Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie - Joanna Newsom
Edited to add: Rock Lobster - B-52's! How did I even miss that?

And a bonus:

5. Under the Sea from the Little Mermaid - cause duh, it's sung by a crab!

*This is totally how I'm going to make playlists for work from now on.

-------------------------------------

What else? It is Friday tomorrow, and now I'm one of those people who only works from Monday to Friday. Therefore, I am pleased at this (predictable) turn of events.

Ooh, next weekend, Ross and I are going to Akureyri, as a late honeymoon type dealie! My lovely great uncle Bjössi's family gave us a weekend away as a wedding present, and we're finally using it - exciting times.

I totally love hotels. An exciting new bathroom with tiny shampoo, someone whose job is to make your bed for you and hang up your towels, and... Hmm, I don't really know what it is that I like so much. It's just one of those things that feels like a super extravagant treat to me, although I'm sure if it was something I did all the time, I'd get sick of it. But for now it makes me feel like a special human, so I'm looking forward to it!

Also, Akureyri: it's the only place apart from Reykjavik that qualifies as a city. Everything else is a town or smaller. So we'll do some shopping (but probably more 'looking at shops' than actual buying), eat some exciting exotic food from a restaurant that isn't Ólafshús, and maybe even go to the movies!

Can you tell I'm very excited?

---------------------------------------------

In other news, I have decided that sloths are my new favourites:


From here



From here



And one for Henry. I'm pretty sure he also likes sloths.




1 comment:

s said...

olga have you ever youtubed baby sloths? you probably should, if the answer was no. by probably i mean definitely.

also: http://www.zooborns.com/zooborns/2011/02/just-hanging-out-with-mom.html

yay.