Monday, March 14, 2011

Everything is nice...

Things are pretty awesome these days, it's amazing what a weight has lifted off us since we heard about the house. I think Ross is hoping we get to get in there earlier than the actual handover date (8th of April), and I hope so, too, but I think it's unlikely... I'm just glad there is a set date now, it's not just something that'll happen eventually!

I filed a tax return for Ross and I yesterday - the financial year is just the regular year, so the deadline is March-ish... Anyway, it was the easiest tax return I've ever done! Ever! Your employer forwards your group certificate straight to the tax office, and they seem to be able to find out about all of your bank accounts, loans and assets, as well as those of your partner.
So all I did was put in my social security number and tax number, and it showed me a bunch of already filled out forms to check over and approve. And that's it. Yes, I guess this system is a little bit big brother, and it makes it difficult to cheat on your tax return, but on the other hand, it makes life so much easier...

Also weirdly easy and doable online - home loan application. Did that one on Thursday night, and again, it consisted mostly of filling in codes to represent me, my loan-taking abilities, and the property itself, and voila! The relevant info was all filled in, please press send form, we'll contact you if we need any more information. Pretty cool, I thought.

--------------------------------------------------

 Oh yeah, Ross and I were supposed to go on our belated honeymoon weekend in Akureyri the other day, but unfortunately the weather has been insane the last few days. Blizzardy Friday, sunny on Saturday, snowy on Sunday and then 50km/hr winds and rain today.

Bit of a bummer that we had to cancel the hotel and stuff, but I was really pleased with how easy it was to postpone the booking. I called them on Thursday night, half-expecting it was too late to change it penalty free. Instead, the nice man said that he totally understood, the roads were a bit treacherous, and would I like to let them know on Friday afternoon, just in case the weather got better?

Different worlds, I guess, and it may have been a different story in summer, but it still made my day.

3 comments:

northern musings said...

I like that you like...

Unnur said...

Everything sounds like it's falling into place. 8th of April is just around the corner, bet you're excited. I'm so happy for you guys. Lots of love.

Maja said...

Yeah, 8th of April isnt far away at all, though you must be dying to start nesting by now!