Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Start spreading the news...

We kinda left about six months ago...

Word has finally got out that Snowman is calling it a day - although I'm guessing if you're reading this, you may have already suspected as much. I can't even remember if I ever said it outright, but there you go.

Feels a bit sad that it's all offical (although we still need to give an official press release or whatever), I hadn't really thought about it for ages... Anyway, we had some amazingly awesome times, and some tough ones, but I wouldn't trade any of it for anything.

The new album has had a preliminary mastering done, still need to listen it and see if there's any changes that need to be made.. But, can I make a confession? I'm still not entirely sure what mastering achieves. I know mixing is about balancing the individual volume levels and instrument sounds, and then mastering seems to be more of a mood thing, maybe? Sort of polishing and fixing and... I clearly am just demonstrating my ignorance. So the more I think about it, the more I realise that producing and mastering are actually really in-depth and valuable skills - which I clearly don't have!

Anyway, the album should be out later this year, we're all pretty happy with it. Another confession - I've been listening to it on my iPod on and off at work. This is almost unthinkable, as you tend to get a bit tired of the songs once you're done recording, but I guess there's been enough of  a break, and it's a damn good record in my opinion.

-----------------------------------------

Argh, enough of the serious! I feel very vague and unfocussed, this is probably not the time to make grand sweeping statements about the history and future of my band.

What else can I tell you? I stacked it at work today, it was actually quite funny. I decided I needed to lower my chair, so I stepped off my little platform, but stood on a stray fin that someone had left on the ground - legs slid in opposite directions, and I fell right on my butt into a puddle, and almost rolled back under this water trough. I was totally fine, but everyone saw and came over all worried - one girl thought I had fainted and dropped straight off the platform onto the ground, which has apparently happened before! 

But no, all I got was a soggy bum and a couple of laughs - which is a much better deal, if you think about it.

----------------------------------------

Ross did some overtime today, so he's a bit knackered, poor love. I should probably take him home before he falls asleep on the couch - it sucks to have your sleep disrupted like that. Post, post, post-ahoy!

2 comments:

Northern musings said...

You are a hero my dear! I am quite looking forward to this production from the snjókarla... and I don´t necessarily think that this is the end of the day... just a hiatus as you all work out where you are and getting on with life. Have always appreciated how balanced you guys all are with your music, work and private lives. I could have said this in person... but comments are always good....

Maja said...

I was kind of wondering about Snowman, but kinda figured that. But then your last album hasn't come out yet so...

Ah, stacking it, it's good you weren't hurt. I stacked it at the beach last break. Slipped and fell straight on my face, but I didn't hurt myself either. It was kinda like I just lowered my whole body straight down on the ground face down in slow motion, but I was on a slippery ledge next to the path about 3 foot above the sand. Some girls saw and didn't laugh, they just asked if I was okay.

Anyway, be careful!! At our work that would be an incident and there would be an investigation and poor housekeeping would be blamed.