Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Now and then...

This is a kinda neat photography series - reenactments of old photos. I think I've seen the concept before, but not as well done as these ones! (oh yeah, there's at least one boob in there, so if that bothers you, look away now!)

------------------------------

What else? Ooh, missing from my list of nostalgia music yesterday was YOU AM I! That band makes me think of driving around in the summertime with no air con. Joe used to keep a spray bottle of water in his car, and then open the windows - voila, instant evaporative air conditioning! It was fine as long as you didn't accidentally spray your face with water that had been lying in the sun all day...

--------------------------------------------

Meme, in all caps because I can't even be bothered retyping it, stolen from here (where it was part of a series called Stealing Sundays).

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
A little diagonal one right between my eyebrows, fell down the stairs when I was little...

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
A mirror, a crucifix (not my room...) a picture of a boat.

3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP?
Apparently I click. Ross thinks it's my tongue on the roof of my mouth, but something similar happens when I'm awake, and that seems to happen in my throat.

4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
Today I listened to The Streets.

5. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN?
Not sure, morning-ish, I think?

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
A home of my own.

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
My friends and the rest of my family. And the sun.

8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)?
My wedding ring, bass guitar (we've been through a lot together), moon shoes.

9. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
168cm-ish

10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
No.

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Not unless I've freaked myself out thoroughly somehow. I've stopped watching scary movies for precisely this reason, although I was thinking maybe I should watch X-files again. K used to make me watch it with the lights out.

12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
Myself. Or maybe Henry, seeing as he's partly responsible for the crazy hormones?

13. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR?
Rejection.

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON PEOPLE YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO?
The guy I married is very dark, so probably that.

15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING?
I was proposed to in a hot spring at Reykir.

16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
Ooh, I love both of those.

17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Pepperoni.

18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I just had dinner, but earlier today I was craving a cheeseburger.

19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME?
Of ALL TIME? Who are you, meme writing guy? I guess blue.

20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH?
No. Ew.

Okay, I'm tired of that now. And I remembered a funny thing from today - when I was brushing my teeth just before work, I heard what sounded like a dog whining. Which is weird, because Amma doesn't have a dog. I thought I may be imagining it, but then Ross heard it too. It was coming from Amma's room, and her door was ajar, so I pushed it in a little bit more*... And out bounded Freyja! 

This should not have been too confusing, and as it turned out, Amma had just brought Freyja home to stay the night. But for some reason, at 6.30 in the morning, the idea of Freyja being in the house was so weird and puzzling. I would not have been more puzzled if it had been a random dog. Bizarre.

*While Freyja has learned to open unlocked front doors by jumping on the handles and somehow pulling them towards her, she can't seem to figure out that she can push doors that are already open. So if she doesn't fit through the gap where the door is ajar, she will sit on the other side and whine until you rescue her. She is awesome.

4 comments:

Northern musings said...

I love that old photo series - gives so much to think about - like my facebook photo... need to get you to help me set it up!!
I wrote a really long thing the other day about the Icelandicising thingy.... Aksjon is something I do little of these days and ðe lónlí blú bójs were my first album ever. and then every now and then you need to take a sjens and by the way - I so so so so hope that you will have your home very soon, not that we don't love having you - I just know you need your own speis.

Maja said...

haha, sjens. Good one sigga :)

When Jason and I went to see Paul Dempsey play at the fly by night a couple of weeks ago, he said that we should all head over to the norfolk and watch tim rogers after his gig, but it was so hot in the fly by night and we were tired so we went home. Plus he probably would have finished playing by then, anyway, right?

xx

Maja said...

Wow! Those now and then photos are amazing!

olga said...

Ah Sigga, I should have known you'd come through with the good words...

Yeah Maja, I don't know if I love Tim Rogers as much now. I sort of got the impression he could be kind of a jerk, and that always makes a difference to me enjoying people's music.
xx