Thursday, February 3, 2011

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say. Marshall McLuhan (1911 - 1980)

Got my amazing package from Mum today - the nice people at customs believed my sob story, and passed it along for free! Huzzah! As for the package itself, Mum has been talking it down a bit ('Oh, you know, it's just all things that were on sale, it's all a bit daggy, really, etc.') but it contained pretty much the cutest baby things ever!

Photos? No. Bummer. Maybe later?

---------------------------------------------------

And what else? Ross is at his Icelandic lesson tonight, this is his second week, and he's doing really well... I'm honestly surprised by how quickly he's picking it up, I always picture it as this really tough language that's impossible to learn. I guess it's mostly the grammar that's the hard part, and that comes later, but in the meantime he's learning new stuff all the time!

I think the key is to not be shy about just trying to speak - it's so easy to just speak English here, since everyone does, but it makes it harder to learn. I think that's where Ross excels, he's really good at trying out new words and making connections on his own - WINNER!

-------------------------------------------------

Do you have any of those chores that just feel disproportionately difficult, related to what you're actually doing? I just put off putting a doona cover on my blanket for a whole day*, because holy crap, it's way harder than it should be. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

*Actually, we had two days without a doona cover, but the first night was because the sheets were still damp. Yes, yes, in theory other sheets exist, but... Eh, I have no excuse. Best wife ever?

No comments: