Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Post-post posting...

Hmm, I guess that title could sort of imply that I've been posting things, but I have not. Alas. Although I do think about it a lot - if you guys could only see the amazing imaginary packages I've sent you all...

Anyway. What is up? As usual, my life is rather dull and maybe a little bit un-noteworthy to anyone except me, but never mind! Posting pointlessly is part of my privilege as a user of the internets...

----------------------------------------

Sigga is unfortunately still a bit damaged from her weekend fun - she fell off a bus after the Þorrablót and bruised her hip pretty badly, poor thing. Mum has headed back to Australia, and Amma is staying with her sister for a couple of days... I have been appointed chief dogwalker, but I'm not quite as dedicated as Sigga, so I'm getting a lot of sad-brown-eyes in my direction... It's a pretty good motivator, the old sad-brown-eyes.

---------------------------------------


Today I talked to a girl at work about being pregnant at the fish factory - I have finally started telling people about it (well, one person, and then gossip takes care of the rest)! She said that when she was pregnant, she worked up until Christmas, then had the baby on the first of January! They sure do make them tough here...

She did admit that she'd cut down her hours before that point, it seems like you basically get to choose what you want to do, work-wise, based on how you're feeling. I'm not really sure how it works elsewhere, but I like that the system just relies on common sense.

--------------------------------------

Speaking of common sense, I feel a bit like I'm lacking sense of any kind at the moment. I have heard that it's a side effect of hormones and all that, but I'm still kind of surprised by how much of an airhead I am, to put it bluntly. The other day after Mum and I went to the shops, she and Amma were planning to head up to my uncle's farm, and they told me so before I headed over to Sigga's house.

Then, half an hour later, when Sigga asked me where Mum and Amma were, I told her quite honestly that I had no idea. Not even an inkling. Quite bizarre and a little bit terrifying, but the upshot is I can spend hours happily staring into space, with no need for any sort of entertainment. Wait, is that an upshot? I don't even know anymore. Ross finds it funny, anyway.

----------------------------------------

And yes, Mum has gone back to Australia, which is a bit sad, but she'll be back (with Dad!) at the end of May! We had a really nice time here, I think she had a good relaxing holiday, and got to spend some quality time with Amma, Sigga, Ross, me and the plus one!

Okay, sad-brown-eyes have been activated, time to go!

4 comments:

Northern musings said...

You know that me and the sad brown eyes are so so so appreciative of the fact that you are willing to walk said sad brown eyes.... As I told mum tonight I am lucky to have family willing to walk my dog, cook my dinner and provide daily entertainment! Love you lots!

Unnur said...

Hi I am missing you all so much, wish you were closer. It's humid in Singapore, YUK. Don't forget to eat and sleep weel, look after that precious bump. Lots of love to Ross and everyone. mum

Maja said...

Sometimes life just isn't full of unusual/interesting things, it's just work, come home, zone out. Being pregnant is pretty interesting though!

Old sad-brown-eyes would probably like to walk around all day every day, her appetite for it can never be satiated!

Gil Liane said...

As someone who's had lotsa different hormone treatments over the years, I can tell you, YUP they can make you an uber-flake, LOL! Expect to find your house keys in the fridge, send long emails to the wrong people and go to the shop for milk only to come back with extremely strange items, like a new duster and three packets of chocolate biscuits :)