Sunday, December 19, 2010

''Get pleasure out of life...as much as you can. Nobody ever died from pleasure.'' Sol Hurok

Completely unrelated title, but quite accurate as I am pretty content with life these days.
I wrote half a draft at Amma's, but I'm at Sigga's now, so I'll just post some photos from our walk today...


Have I mentioned that we're living in a Christmas card? The snow is piling up, and everything looks lovely... And the abundance of lights means that we're coping with the winter darkness pretty well. These were taken around 3pm, just the last slivers of light before nighttime.




I find it hard to get motivated to leave the nice warm house and go for a walk, but I always enjoy it once I'm out... I should write this fact down on my hand or something, it'd do me good to remember it!

Anyway, two course lobster meal tonight (okay that's a lie, they're langoustines, but whatevs): bisque followed by tails in a creamy mushroom sauce. Mmmm.... I don't usually like shellfish that much, but I think it's mostly to do with texture, and I don't find langoustines to be as bad as prawns... Or maybe I just have refined tastes (ha!)

1 comment:

Northern musings said...

pity the meal didn't live up to its expectations.... next time we know what to do. To the best prep chef this side of 66°north my thanks.