Thursday, November 18, 2010

Good news, everyone!

So. I have some exciting news. And it's more exciting than my usual news - 'today I saw a fish fillet and it was kind of in the shape of a wonky love heart'.
Yes. Even more exciting than that!

I think Boys Boys Boys put it best:

If you zoom in, you can see the bearded baby at the bottom.


Yeah! So Ross and I are about three months pregnant, although to be honest, I've been doing most of the foetus-carrying and nausea-having. It's actually not too bad, I feel a little bit sick sometimes, but mostly I'm just ravenously hungry. I do find myself craving food that just makes me feel like a stereotype - I made a raclette for lunch the other day. Raclette sounds fancier and more cultured than ' boiled potatoes, melty cheese, pickles, salt and pepper'.

Oh well, I can stand being a stereotype for a little while.

Anyway, I am gradually getting used to the idea. It's still a bit bizarre and surreal, but Ross and I are both really really excited and happy, in amongst all the terror.
Ah, terror is a strong word, deep down I'm still feeling like everything will be okay. Other people figure out how to raise children all the time, surely it's not beyond our capabilities!

Finally, I have a sonar scan thing, done at my first doctor's visit, but I have a feeling that not everyone wants to see my insides! So, if you're not into that kind of thing, look away now!






But if you are into that kind of thing, this picture was taken at about ten weeks, when the foetus was 29.3mm long. It should be about ten centimetres by now!

10 comments:

Oz said...

That's huge Olga, congratulations to you both! Nice foetus.

s said...

Aw wow mega congratulations you two!

Kerry and Stephen said...

Congratulations to both of you...lots of love XX

Maja said...

Yay! It's very exciting! Love you guys! xoxoxox

Vicki said...

And the grandma to be, is over the moon as well!

olga said...

Thanks guys!
xx

Anonymous said...

Gosh,gosh,gosh. Love you and Ross lots and lots. Now are you eating properly?.....nag nag nag etc. mum

eva.diblasio said...

so happy for you both Olga! i am sure you and Ross will be the best parents ever!

KH said...

Yess! Excellent work!

Liz said...

Hi Olga & Ross,
Jade just told me your news! Wow, congratulations! That beautiful fresh Iceland air must help with the nausea Olga. What an idyllic place to have a baby. It's wonderful news and I'm so happy for you.
Liz x