Sunday, August 1, 2010

Working lady again!

So, I spent yesterday travelling from London to Sauðárkrókur, and then started my new job today! Just in case you were wondering, it’s probably not the best idea to have your going away party the night before your morning flight. The trip was mostly fine and uneventful, but it felt like a loooong day.

I ran into my cousin Ásgeir at the bus station in Reykjavík (because of course I did, it’s Iceland!) He’s always such a cheerful guy, so it was really nice to run into him. He has a job driving buses, and he volunteered to help us lug our gear to Sauðárkrókur after we ship it to Reykjavik - problem solved!

Work was really fun. My new job is at Áskaffi, which is so so so beautiful, it blew my mind! Today was apparently the quietest day they’ve had in ages - it was good for learning the ropes without being too stressed out. Tomorrow should be busier, though!

I worked with my mum’s cousin Herdís and my second cousin Kristín María (see above re: it’s Iceland!), they are both absolutely lovely. I think Kristín María and I were friends when we were little - we’re pretty close in age - so it’ll be great fun getting to know her properly.
The customers were all really nice - I guess being on holiday brings out the best in people. The atmosphere there is so laid back, it was a bit like having friends over for a tea party. 
And on top of all that, I got to bustle around in an awesome long swishy skirt. The more I look at that sentence, the more the word ‘bustle’ looks weird, but that’s what I was thinking when I wore it, so that’s how it’ll stay. I got to wear a cute stripy apron, too - I shall try to take some photos tomorrow.

And apart from that? I miss my Ross! I think I might have to give up on Skype and just call him - I’ll tell him you said hi!

3 comments:

Maja said...

Aw! Happy days, you and Ross will be together again soon. Time really does fly when you're having fun, the trick is to enjoy the here and now whilst still looking forward to the future.

Gill Omega said...

You know I love long skirts- yay for the bustling! Glad you're happy (apart from the Rosslessness).

Anonymous said...

Rosslessness. That is a cool word