Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Things I miss...

Inspired by a post by Dani, a girl I knew a little bit in Perth, and who lives in London now. And I just realised, most of mine are very similar to hers... Only she has some lovely pictures, too.

- Sunshine. Reliable, warm, bright and glarey sunshine. I'm not really that into summer, but I miss proper sun.

- Greenery and nature in general. To be fair, these things exist in England, but I don't manage to see them as much. I guess it's because of the area I live in, and work, and not having my own transport - I feel like it's more of a mission to get places, instead of just being able to hop in a car and drive there.

Speaking of which:
- Driving. I didn't actually appreciate driving when I was doing it all the time, but it is kind of awesome to control a big powerful machine with your only feet and hands (it's probably best if your brain is involved, too). It's also awesome to do so while singing really loudly to a mix cd that your brother made you. Singing along to your iPod on a bus is just not the same.

- My family, and the animals that live with them, and the house I grew up in. I miss being around all those people who've known me forever, and who have to love me and look out for me, no matter what.

-  Friends in general, and specifically: my old band, Boys Boys Boys! We used to sing and laugh and do crazy synchronised dance moves onstage... I had such a great times with those guys, and I really miss hanging out and singing mega harmonies with them!

 I'm sure there's plenty of good stuff around, no matter where you go. But you know, no place like home.

No comments: