Saturday, June 12, 2010

"Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop" - Ovid (43 BC - 17 AD)

So my last day of work is this Thursday, and I've decided that I'll have that weekend off and start job hunting on Monday. I still don't know exactly what I'll do, I guess it depends on what kind of jobs are available close to home.
I'll go up to Walthamstow village (the nice, green part of town) and apply at the pubs and cafes around there. And while I'm at it, I might bring an octopus or two and go visit this craft/ home decor type shop. I know they try to support local artists, I wonder if that includes local crafters, too?

------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, if you're like me and marginally into the World Cup, you'll enjoy this blog - WORLD CUP BABIES. It's pretty much exactly like the real world cup, only instead of football, the winner is decided by the cuteness of Googled babies. Yesss....

Speaking of the World Cup (because everyone is), the guys are going to go watch tonight's England vs. USA game at a pub in Islington. I was thinking of going, but the idea of so many hooligans terrifies me.

------------------------------------------------------


And finally here's the cutest kitten video I've seen today...

2 comments:

Northern musings said...

Argh World Cup..... life is going to be unbearable! Have a great last week at work and it's a good idea to have a break before looking for another job!

s said...

that kitten made my morning