Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Accept what people offer. Drink their milkshakes. Take their love." - Wally Lamb

I've been job hunting today - only online though! I've been looking on Gumtree, which is cool because there's so much variety. It's easy to just trawl through everything, and I keep finding jobs that I could probably do, but haven't ever thought about.

For example: I might have a go at some charity fundraising - you know, the kind where you harass (in the nicest way possible) people on the street and try to get them to donate money to a good cause. I'd like to work for a good cause, but I can't really afford to only volunteer.
We shall see how it goes - I don't know if I'm really outgoing enough to make it work, but maybe it's a good way to become more outgoing?

--------------------------------------

When I was at the library printing out resumes, the guy at the counter was pretty funny. I asked to use a computer, and he said 'Sure. Are you Australian? How big is Kosta Tszyu?'
To which I replied 'Uh. Big?'
To which he replied 'Not as big as Jeff Fenech!'
I smiled politely and went to use the computer.

Then after I'd sent stuff to the printer, I went came back and was greeted with:
'So, I suppose you've come to talk to me about Danny Green?'

Um. Yeah. No. It took me a while to figure out that these people do boxing. I have nothing to say about boxing. But he said it all in a really jolly way, so it was fine. Just weird.
I did ask him if they had any jobs going, but he said they just hire from online, so I should keep an eye on the website. Will do, crazy Australian-boxer-obsessed guy!

-----------------------------------------------

Oh my gosh, do you know what TV I am hooked on at the moment?

Doctor Who - I love all the actors and the writers and the guy in charge of everything. I don't think Matt Smith is better than David Tennant, but I think he is AS awesome. Imagine that.  It's nearly the end of the season, which is disappointing, but at least I'll be able to buy it on DVD for that awesome aunt of mine (Sigga: I can't wait to see what you think!)

And also...

True Blood - I loved the books, and tried to watch the series once before, but for some reason I didn't really like it. I gave it a go after I ran out of old Doctor Who, and quickly made it through two seasons' worth! Now I'm waiting week to week like everyone else, and the cliff-hangers are actually, you know, cliff-hangy. Boo! Although I guess since I've read the books I have a vague idea where the plots are going - still, it's exciting to see what they keep and what they don't. 

For the record: Bill < Eric. 
True.


5 comments:

Northern musings said...

Agree Eric so much better than Bill, but then I think sookie is sooky, not really feeling her vibe! I have been catching tru blood on and off on the scandinavian channels, but never remember which channel which night or which time... Argh (by the way thats my favourite shout out in non meatspace). Am so looking forward to some more Dr, am willing to give the new guy the benefit of the doubt, however, although tennant was far too young for me, and this one way much more so... he is an old man in a young body - right???? Hope the job hunting goes well, stay clear of volunteering for goody goody institutions - they usually swallow up the money in admin... check their backgrounds before being a volunteer. I´ll help in doing the searches on accounts and yearly financial reporting. Love to you and Ross XXXooooXXX

Maja said...

Yup, Eric is way better than Bill. Bill's kind of self righteous. I think Sookie is just really young and hence her judgement is a bit flawed sometimes, but then again so is everyones.

I like how the tv series is a bit different to the books, because even though you kind of know what is going to happen, you kind of don't. I only have the first episode of season 3 and I'm going to save them up for a whole so I can do marathons at home. Got so many shows to watch.

Gill Omega said...

Sookie on tv is denser than in the books, which annoys me sometimes... I'm very anti-Bill, he's like a friend's creepy old uncle!! Eric- HOT. I like Jessica too, the actress is cool.
I'm going to blog on the new Dr Who, I like him, but sometime the writing's a touch too Torchwood for me.

Anonymous said...

I like 'em both! There's a rumour Eric is actually the founder of our country! HURRAH!

Nah, I think Sookie is ok. She stands up for herself in front of vampires which I like, and yells at people for being discriminatory. She's a-ok in my book.

olga said...

Whoa, so much True Blood love! Therefore, so many True Blood rants and recaps to come! Yay!

xx