Sunday, May 16, 2010

More? More!




So, where was I? Okay, after our lovely guests left, we consoled ourselves with playing a show and celebrating our housemate Victoria's birthday! It was a fantastic night, we pulled off a pretty good show without rehearsing, the other bands were awesome, and we caught up with lots of our friends!



Daisy and Victoria, our amazingly awesome housemates who help us prove that Australians and New Zealanders can safely and happily cohabit.

(Not sure if they approve of this photo, I guess we'll find out!)


Aw, yeah! Such fun times!


--------------------------------------------

On Saturday, Victoria and her twin sister Hannah hosted a picnic in London Fields, where Ross made a new friend.


There were lots of cute dogs wandering around, so Ross roughed this guy up a bit and gave him some gourmet sausage. I bet he does that floppy ear thing on purpose, just to get boar sausages. Cutie.

I don't seem to have any good photos of humans from the picnic. Oops.

--------------------------------------

Today Ross and I went into Shoreditch and had brunch, then went to Oxford street and went shopping! Ross got some new pants and shirts and shoes, featuring colours! Exciting times.

And I..... got this.


You can't tell from this picture, but it's a ring. Shaped like a wolf. Awesome.

On a related note, the jewelery section at Topman is incredible. Girls get all these dangly feathery things, and men get wolves and jets and seahorses! So many cool earrings, too. 


Ah, and to top off our awesome awesome day, we had lunch at a place called Kati Roll, and it was the most delicious thing ever. They serve rolls that are sort of Indian style kebabs - with parathas instead of pita, and light spicy marinated meat and vegies instead of greasy doner meat. SO GOOD.

------------------------------

Oh yeah, and in order to enjoy this lovely day with Ross, I had to refuse to work today. They called me last night and asked if I could cover a dude because he 'had something on'. So I said no, I have stuff to do, too!
Yay me! I definitely think I did the right thing, and I really appreciated the awesome day I had. 

And that's that. You guys are up to date with EVERYTHING that's happened to me in May. Aren't you pleased?

4 comments:

northern musings said...

Very Pleased - well done you for saying no to work. See it can be done! Great that you had such a wonderful day. Cute dog too.. bonus. Boar sausages???? Home made?

Vicki said...

Sounds like you made a good decision and had a lovely day.

Please post pictures of Ross in new coloured clothes...this I would like to see!

Maja said...

Yay! Good for you. I bet the day was even sweeter knowing you could have been at work.

My workplace is filled with Kiwis, and they're ALL living in close proximity to Australians.

olga said...

Boar sausages were from the broadway markets, although I reckon Ross could pull off something just as delicious...

Vicki: I tried to take a photo, but it looked really naff - will make sure I get a good one soon!

Maja: Sweeet!
And re: NZ, we've always gotten along, but there seems to be this weird British idea that we all hate each other? Weird.