Saturday, March 6, 2010

"Dear Diary, today I was pompous and my sister was crazy..."

"... Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

I have been watching Firefly again, it's been ages! I had forgotten what an awesome show it was,  it made me laugh out loud... P.S. I kind of resent the internet for making me feel lame for using the phrase 'laugh out loud'. I mean, how else could I put it?
I guffawed!
I chuckled?
Giggled?
...
I definitely thought about it too much, that is for sure. 

------------------------------------

What else?  My grandma is going to send me the pattern for some awesome slippers that she made for me - ooh look, I found a photo!



Although maybe I should start with some plain ones... I'm still don't quite know how to switch colours. Oh well, I'm sure there's some info on the internet, and it's can't be that hard once you get the hang of it!
 -------------------------------------

Ross has worked six days this week, and they've all been at least ten hour shifts! Poor love - but his cold is definitely getting better, thanks to our good friend pseudoephidrine. (Well, you know. Not that good a friend. No speed lab in my basement [Not that I have a basement {but if I did, I guess I could hide it in these brackets. So many brackets.}.].) 

Um, and I think that's it. My work has been pretty okay apart from a few truly stupidly annoying days.  I think I'll stick with it, though. At least until I find someone who will employ me to wear a poncho and write blogs and eat Tangfastics all day. That day will come. I know it will.

4 comments:

northern musings said...

I spoke to my sister last night... I don't think that I was pompous and I don' think that she was crazy nor visa versa or however that should be spelt.
Good that you guys are going ok with work and I will wish for you that special job... whatever those things are that you want to eat...... Weather is still shit

Anonymous said...

OMG- I am watching Firefly too! Have had it on while working on the computer for the last week... it's meant to be in the background, but I just end up watching, & not working! Am up to "Our Mrs Reynolds", Mal's whole 'bride' thing is hilarious!!
Mal: You woulda kissed her too.
Zoe: Wash didn't.
Mal: But she was naked! And all... articulate!
cheers,
Gillian

Maja said...

Ive been watching Castle lately, which Nathan Fillion (however his last name is spelt!) is in. Took a while to grow on me but I'm finding myself wanting to watch it more and more. I lent my never been watched blu Ray copy of firefly to valdi's friend brad. Must get it back off him since I only watched that series once. I loved how heaps of the actors from firefly showed up in dollhouse.

Anonymous said...

...just have to say, I LUVV Castle (esp. the fact he has a bulletproof vest that says 'WRITER') cheers,gill