Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Delay and a snow day!

Ooops, delayed post = lack of relevance and therefore detail.
Nevermind. Here's what I thought of that staff party that I went to last week:

Wow, when these fashion industry people say that they're going all out, they really really go all out.

It was circus themed, so we were greeted at the door by a dude on stilts, playing puppeteer to a midget in face paint. (side note: In the days leading up to this party, I had a conversation with the event organiser, Adam, about the difficulty of hiring midgets in London in December. Apparently it's a busy time of year to be a little person in the entertainment business - who would have thought?)

There was a whole sideshow alley with dart games, shooting games and a coconut shy, plus a whole bunch of crazy performances - a burlesque dancer who emerged from an egg and wore feathers, some dudes dancing to Michael Jackson, and a skin-stretchy guy, who I missed but was apparently really creepy and interesting to watch. (note that no one actually said fun to watch - the operative words are creepy and interesting.)

So a good time was had by all, to varying degrees. I actually had fun, I talked to some nice people and showed off my Ross to everyone. We left around one in the morning, which I think was the right time. Tamas the awesome bar manager had to come in at eight the next morning to clean up, and apparently there were still people  hanging around!

----------------------------------
So anyway, that was that. This week is my last week at Spring! I'm officially finishing on Friday, although if there are any studios on the weekend I might do an extra shift or two. I have a feeling I'll be needing all the money I can get next year. Luckily Ross is working again, and has some work booked for mid-January, so we'll be fine, as always!


Today it snowed! I only got to see a little bit of it, but Ross got to work outside all day -  what a super lucky guy...

2 comments:

northern musings said...

You always manage to make me laugh and smile! You are so wonderful.. I can imagine.. who would have thought midgets had a high season???

Can not wait till you guys are here!!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to tell them about the lady in the white leotard(not sure of spelling) who danced some sort of minimalist dance to some kinda birthday partyish noise... did i mention she had a giant lions head on? Freaky shit! We have video!

xx