Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hello hello again...

Tired of photoless posts, so here is the awesome band that I used to be a part of in Australia. They're doing some pretty cool stuff at the moment, this is from a festival in Perth.



Yay boys!

So, on the other side of the world, we've turned the heater on for the first time this winter... And it's not even winter yet! I think it might be time to track down my gloves and beanie...


Ross got paid for all his hard work last month, so yesterday he bought an awesome sampler. It is a Roland SPD-S, for anyone tech-headed. For everyone else, it's a flat computer thing with 9 rubber pads, and you can program them to make different sounds when you hit them. You can set it up alongside a drum kit and trigger different noises while you're playing - it's pretty rad.




Anyway, I'm pretty sure he's been playing with it all day. When I came home, he was so engrossed that he didn't even realise I was there. He was totally startled when he finally turned around - he actually jumped into the air a little bit. It was hilarious.

So what else? We had a bit of a jam yesterday, since I had a day off and Andy finished work early. He's doing this conservation work at the moment as part of some water engineering project - catching newts and recording information about them, then releasing them into a protected space! Pretty awesome, huh? He's a multi-talented dude.

Okay, I'm going to have to go, Ross said I could have a turn at the sampler!! Whee! I'll write y'all some songs!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Ross must have been engrossed to not notice that his beloved was home!!!!

northern musings said...

love the photo of ross, a boy with a toy.. such engrossment.

Can´t wait till you guys are here. Today was our first storm of the year, my friend Iris is stuck in Rvk, hopefully there will be a flight tomorrow....