Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day off tomorrow!

What shall I do with it? I just got rent money from Victoria, so I'm all cashed up... So much freedom!

I think today may have been Ross' last day renovating for a while, too, so maybe we'll both hang out and watch movies... We still have lots of microwave popcorn left from when Anna was here, so we'll have to put it to good use - John Hughes-a-thon! Or maybe Disney-a-thon? Or I could finally make Ross watch Star Wars, but I think it might be too late for him to appreciate it...

Work has been okay, tomorrow looks mega-busy, but luckily I won't have to deal with it! We've got the big bosses of Marks and Spencer in this week, so we're supposed to be going over the top to make all their food amazing...
We do an afternoon tea for special clients, with lots of beautiful cakes and tea, all served on mismatched antique china. Unfortunately it keeps getting broken, so we're really short on everything - it's hard to make high tea look over-the-top amazing on a bunch of chipped saucers...
I'm half tempted to spend tomorrow op-shopping for cups and things, but I don't think I can be bothered. Maybe I'll do it and see if Tamas wants to pay me for my time!

Apart from that? We've got a show this weekend, at a pretty cool pub in Shoreditch. I've invited lots of people from work, but we'll see how many of them make it... I almost don't want them to come, it's always a bit weird to see people trying to reconcile my work personality with a Snowman show. Oh well, it'll be fun anyway!



Couldn't find any relevant photos to go with the post, so here's some really really old ones. If you flick through them really fast it's like they're animated.













Oooh look it's all sunny and warm and bright. I miss you Perth... London weather getting cooler and greyer by the day, but on the bright side - at least it's not snowing!

3 comments:

northern musings said...

Would you believe that it took me a while to realise that it was you in the photos...
Good that work is good, and hey they should pay you to op shop for china. All well here in snowland. The mountains are still white but the town is all just wet grey and miserable.

s said...

Hello Olga. I endorse all three movie-athon suggestions but would also like to add the sub-Disney option of Pixar-athon to the possibilities. Thanks bye! PS Congratulations on weddings I saw some photos it looked like a good time! x soda

olga said...

Sigga - maybe it's the giant sunnies?

Soda - Hi! Whoa, Pixar-a-thon hadn't occurred to me, but I think it wins. Gotta go check the kids' section at Oxfam... Thanks!
x