Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Francey-pants!

Hey so I have some awesome news which is awesome -
This Friday, we're playing a festival... (wait for it)

in a castle... (wait)


on the beach... (holy crap wait)


in Brittany! (oh my gosh isn't that amazing?)

Yes, yes it is. This band the Horrors pulled out, and our hopefully soon-to-be booking agent in France offered us their slot, with all expenses paid. That includes food, van hire, ferry crossing, and a stay in this hotel. Heck. Yeah.
Plus the other bands playing are amazing - My Bloody Valentine, Tortoise, Grizzly Bear, Peaches - although we'll miss most of them as we have to return to London on Saturday to play a show on Sunday at a slummy pub. Aw...

It was pretty funny, we got invited yesterday, and when I got home from work Joe told me all about it. And believe it or not, I initially considered saying no, because I have a shift at work on Friday, and we're pretty understaffed at the moment. I went upstairs for a bit to think about whether I could get off work...
Then I realised I would be a complete idiot to say no to a festival in France just because of a job that I don't even like that much. It was a bit of a duh moment once I thought about it. Good times.


So, what else? These are some of my favourite photos from the wedding, possibly all taken by Bridget...




I must get around to getting them printed, it would be nice to own some photos to show people, especially people at work. A girl there recommended a place that does really cheap prints from CD - as a way of describing how cheap, she mentioned they do A3 size prints for a pound each... Now I can't stop imagining how awesome it would be to have enormous photos of everyone.




Aw.





Okay, so that's all really. Just wanted to remind you I exist. 'Cause I do and all. It's a hobby of mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! France in a castle. Enjoy and be careful. Take lots of photos and blog them please. Love you guys lots. Mum

Northern musings said...

Finally a post!!! I came onto your site to have a dig at you about your blogslackness... (new word think it will work) congrats on the castle festival event thingy, being aged i have no idea of who the other bands are but I checked the website and saw that siguros had played there.. whatever that means. Anywhoo, love you, love the photos - shall start sending you cds of all my photos for you to get published on paper... 150 of Freyja ofcourse... She is now being all sorry for herself and whiny so I shall need to check out tonights sunset. I should have written an email... duh... still have fun and as you mum said be careful......
those french - they eat frogs... but have some snails for me!!!!! love you love to Ross and hugs and all to Joe and Andy!

Maja said...

Yay! Glad u came to your senses about missing a shift of work. It's gotta be an amazing gig. Love those photos. Xx

Northern musings said...

So sweety - I expect a full on blown out expose of all that happened!!!!!