Monday, July 6, 2009

Married!

Yep, I am. Exciting times.

But I don't have any photos from the wedding itself - I was too busy being the bride! I'm pretty sure there were a million cameras there, so there must be pictures somewhere, but they're sure not here.

Anyway, it was an awesome awesome weekend, so full of events! After the wedding bit we had coffee and cake, then went to Reykir, a holiday house near where Ross proposed to me!



This is the hot spring filled with wedding guests... I hope no one minds having half-naked photos of themselves on the internet! There are two pools, one super hot, and one just pretty warm. And a little way away, there's the North Atlantic Ocean - also a nice place for a swim!




Reykir is the perfect place to see the midnight sun - it's slightly north of Sauðárkrókur, so there aren't as many mountains in the way. And I love photos of people taking photos.


Sunday we woke up early and went on a boat to Drangey, an island in the fjord. This is the third time I've been there, but it was by far the hardest climb ever! It's 174 metres to the top of the island at the highest point, and it's pretty steep, so it wasn't ever easy. This time, however, a chunk of cliff had fallen on the steps down the bottom, so the beginning of the hike was a too-close-to-vertical scramble over giant rocks and gravel. UNPLEASANT.

The view from the top kinda makes it all worthwhile. While the others listened to all the stories about the island, we sprawled in the grass and enjoyed the sun.



So we've been having lovely lovely times... People are gradually leaving a couple at a time, and I think there'll be a mass exodus tomorrow!



Also, on an unrelated but hilarious note: I bought a rad jumper.

2 comments:

Johanna said...

Congratulations again to you guys - and thank you for giving us a chance to be a part of it:)....
And ---- love you sweather.....
Hope you are having lots and lots of fun in Iceland - give my best to everybody.... love ya guys....

Maja said...

That really is a super-awesome-rad jumper! Your wedding seems like it was am awesome party! It seems so grown up to get married, but I just can't seem to think of you as a grown up yet. Of course I don't feel like a grown up yet either. In my head I still feel like a tween.

Anyway congratulations, I'm so spewing that jj and I didn't come, but that's our mistake, we will have to live with it. Have fun for the rest of your time in Iceland.
Xoxox