Monday, May 4, 2009

oggy blogg

Hey, so Ross said that that had to be my title for today, and he is pretty much the boss of me, as it is his birthday tomorrow. Also, his friend Sal gave him a real cool birthday card, it matches his quiff. Coiff?



Anyway, I have been working lots, even on the weekend, but I figure I need the money and also weekend shifts are almost always really slack. The last two days have been so incredibly dull, which would be fine except that I'd already been there for the whole of last week, so I really wanted time away from Spring rather than free time at Spring. I'm also not used to being paid to do very little, so I felt all guilty for slacking even though there was nothing to do!

Apart from that? I'm trying to find some sort of hat/hairclip/fascinator thing for the wedding. Headgear, yes! Sigga found me an amazing one on the internet, but the postage from the U.S. is outrageously expensive... So I was thinking maybe I should take that photo to a local fascinator maker and ask her to rip it off... Is that wrong? Feels a little wrong.

Then I found an online arts and crafts community called Folksy, and it has a couple of interesting bits and pieces, too. Incidentally, I found that via this online jewelery store, which is also totally rad. If you want anything from it, there's free postage to anywhere in the UK - I can totally hook you up!

Oh yeah, I got invited to join a group on facebook for the 10 year Roleystone District High School reunion... Weird, huh? Even weirder, it was organised by one of the totally bogan dudes who was never the organisational type. I think it's being planned for sometime at the end of this year, so it's extremely unlikely that I'd be able to go, even if I wanted to - and I can't even really tell whether I want to or not. High school was strange and awkward, I think I had a pretty good time there, but I am also starting to realise that I was kind of a jerk. I don't know, maybe I still am sometimes? Who knows?
I think that might be a whole conversation that we don't really need to get into right now. Okay? Okay.

5 comments:

northern musings said...

Olga, I think I need to be the one to buy you the head gear... according to the icelandic economy everything costs... so bah humbug to postal costs from the US... let it be my special gift to you... now I just need to find that website again...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kiss Ross happy birthday from us. We are starting to count the days until we leave. Lots of love. Mum

olga said...

no no no Sigga! You're already doing so much! I should just treat myself and buy it... Ross suggested we make it into a family heirloom, so by that logic, it's an investment! Also, I saved thousands of dollars on the dress, so I'm pretty sure I can afford it :)
Promise you won't buy anything til we talk - I'm still indecisive about which one I want, anyway...

Thanks mum, I'll pass it on! Can't wait to see you xx

northern musings said...

I would never have bought anything without your seal of approval... but i agree you should splurge on something for yourself that you will keep - you could have it framed in a box framy thing even

Maja said...

Yeah splurge on the postage!