Friday, April 24, 2009

Wedding talk...

Hey, so I bought a dress that may or may not be the one I wear when I get married to Ross in July.

This is it.



I am twirling, but I sort of look like I'm trying to run away. This was honestly the best photo of the ones Ross took of/for me...

Anyway, it fits all my criteria - comfortable, simple, pretty and not a meringue. Now I'm really excited about accessories! This will be the perfect opportunity to wear something feathery and sparkly on my head, because no one will be allowed to make fun of me! Ha ha! Take that, world.

I'll definitely need to fit in some 'walking in heels' practice, as somehow I've gotten to the age of 25 without figuring that one out. I have a pair that Mum got from Olga Amma just before she died... At first I tried them on and was like 'whoa, these shoes are outrageous, why would anyone wear these?' and then the next time I was still all 'haha, outrageous... But gosh, they're kind of pretty' and then the next time I loved them in all their pointy black glory. Wanna see?



Wow that was a difficult photo to take. Feet are weird.

Anyway, if I can somehow master those shoes, I'll be ready for anything come July. Also, if I master those shoes, then I get to wear them without being scared that I'll fall and die of embarrassment (or die of an actual fall-related injury).

On an unrelated note, the weather on the weekend is probably going to be horrid, so instead of a picnic, we're going to the Borough markets for cheese sandwiches. Yep, cheese sandwiches that are worth a trip to London Bridge - trust me they are amazing.

3 comments:

northern musings said...

When I was discussing your wedding apparel with amma it came to mind that I sort of remember your Olga amma owning a pair of very nice shiny red shoes... the question is whether they are still in existance (e or a I never remember).. anywhoo... I think a red and white feathery thing in the hair would be super then there is a question of whether their will be a chill factor and a red shaul may be required... hmmmm Love the dress by the way...

Maja said...

The dress looks great! Those look like some very high heeled shoes, but they are very pretty.

You're definitely going to need some kind of shawl or jacket or something.

Anonymous said...

Hey you gorgeous thing, love the dress. Have shoes- red, black or multi coloured. A shawl naaahhh. I've got a dress, black and red not too matronly I hope. love. mum.