Sunday, March 8, 2009

...

So there has been some stuff going on, you either know it or you don't need to. Cool? Cool.

Work has been okay lately, just the same old thing day after day. There are far worse things than monotony though, so I can't complain. I've been helping out in the kitchen a bit, but I still have to do my normal work - not really a winning situation. I nearly called Ross to come in and help out the other day. We were totally flat out busy, and one of the chefs was away again, so they basically needed another pair of hands (preferably belonging to someone who's not an idiot). Ross meets both of those standards, so I figured he should just come in and help out. Sensible, yes? No. Apparently everyone who works there needs to be approved by a dude in head office, so Ross will need to meet with the chef sometime this week and be approved, then he'd be able to come in when they need him... Sounds good though, I wouldn't mind my workplace being more Ross-filled.

Wow, how many times did I write Ross in that paragraph? It felt like lots, but I don't think any of them are unnecessary or removable.

What else? I will be coming back to Perth soon for about a week and a half. It'll be great to see everyone again, but I am filled with nameless anxieties, so I'm sort of not thinking about it at all. I've realised that there are some things I've been worrying about that are completely beyond my control, so I'm trying to cut back.

Ross is going to cut my hair again today, it has gotten pretty mullet-y lately. I was hoping no one noticed, but Joe and Ross both mentioned it out of the blue. Oops. Oh well, never mind. Maybe people have noticed my mullet but mistakenly thought it was a fashion mullet, and therefore a socially acceptable one... Maybe not.

Argh, I don't feel like I have much to say right now, so I will go and come back later with some interestingness...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is mulleting awesome. love you

Northern musings said...

Love you too... great that you are getting the Ross a job at your work - there is a chef in him... just waiting to emerge.... have as good a trip as possible - will be thinking of you.

Maja said...

Hey, hopefully we can catch up while you're here. Anxieties, they don't really need a reason, do they? Sometimes they just hang around no matter what. xoxox