Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hmm...

I was about to call this post "It's been a while", but then it turned out I have already used that title! That means at least two times I've apologised for a lack of blogging. I will resolve this problem by writing more and apologising less!
On with the rest of it...

So I guess there hasn't been much in the way of spectacular news, but there's lots of trivial day-to-day stuff I could tell you... Like... um.

Oooh, today at work I helped the chef with some prep - we were really really busy, and I've worked in a few kitchens, so I was pretty happy to help out. Anyway, he was terribly impressed with my awesome polenta-cutting skills, so he asked my boss if I'd want to work in the kitchen instead of out the front. They really need the staff, and he said he would be happy working with me... Don't know if that's what I want to do, but in theory, I could start off washing dishes and prepping stuff, and eventually be a chef! Crazy, hey? I guess since I'm spending time there, it might be cool to get some more varied experience...

On the other hand, most of the chefs I know are crazy, and also crazy stressed out most of the time. Do I want that? Would I be able to handle it? Would I regret it if I don't even try?

Anyway, I have time to think about it, because it'll take a while for my boss at the bar to train up some staff to replace me. Ha, I'm so indispensable! There have been a bunch of trial girls lately, so hopefully they'll work things so I can at least have some days off, if not leave entirely.

That was weird, I just opened iTunes, but before I had a chance to choose any music, it started playing some Charles Mingus at me. Guess the computer wants me to listen to more jazz.

So what else is there? Ross is at work today, which is good. I think he gets a bit claustrophobic at home all the time, and also we're both the types to worry about cash flow. Speaking of which, we should definitely book some flights for the summer! Time seems to be flying by, it feels like there's lots to organise, but I guess there's not that much to do really. Invitations feel like a bit of a formality, I'm pretty sure we've told everyone what's going on... But they'll be a nice formality, I promise. Ross designed cards = awesome. Trust me, I know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Good to hear all is well. How is looking for that special dress going? Get Sigga to help at Easter. A chef???? Will write soon. Lots of love! Mum

Northern musings said...

Love the idea of you getting some chef training - but agree with the all chefs are mad thingy. I watch way to much food tv as you know so some of the more way out ones seem a tad overthetop however, there are some nice ones too.. Nigella, Jamie, Martin Sweet, Rick Stein, all seem good tempered. Just stay away from the Gordon Ramsay wanna bes.

Maja said...

I find it's always good to go with the flow with work. Just go where it leads you!