Thursday, January 15, 2009

Technology!

Woo! I talked to Anna on Skype this morning - I love the future! Ross' computer has a built in video camera and microphone, so you pretty much just talk to the computer, and it answers you back in the voices of your loved ones. Good times. Twas very nice to catch up with the family, I miss all their gorgeous faces.



So, what have I been up to? I caught up with Steph K, a friend of mine from Perth the other night, we had a really good time. We used to work together at Betty's, and she is a very cool lady.

Anyway, she was visiting family in Poland over Christmas, so she was here for one night only - we had cider and curry in Brick Lane, which was awesome as always. It's funny, she seemed almost surprised by how well everything's going for us - I guess I was a little bit apprehensive about it before I left, and when I think about it, everything has fallen into place with relative ease. A job, a house, some shows to play - all of it just kind of happened without too much worry or hassle. Well, I may have done the worrying, but in hindsight it wasn't necessary*.

So yeah, my point is: I realised that we have it pretty good over here, and I'd like to share that with you all. Especially you, worrying mum. I'm getting plenty of iron and taking my cod liver oil, I promise.

*Come to think of it, is there ever a time for necessary worry? Probably not.

6 comments:

Northern musings said...

That was a beautiful post Olga. Life is good, and things generally do fall into place - most worry is unecessary (should that have two n's??) Skype is good, but it is better with a mac..(don´t tell my brother Jon I said that)..
Take care sweety and enjoy every day ... oh need to tell you - we were looking at the slides today and found a classic, you Kiddi and a snowman that resembles ET.... twill be made into a photo ... or perhaps there will be a slide show at the wedding ... nah nicks that - it will be perpetual daylight...

Maja said...

I'm totally telling my dad you said that Sigga ;)

I'm so pleased that everything's going well over there :) But then why wouldn't it?

Anonymous said...

Yep I'm using my mac more. It's great! and looks soooo pretty. We're up to our necks in airfares, trying to sort out what to do. Looks like Copenhagen at this stage. Keep enjoying this adventure, you're making special memories right now! love you lots. ma

Anna said...

Worrying to solve a problem problem is as efficient as trying to do algebra by chewing bubblegum. And why chew bubblegum when a small piece of cardboard soaked in sunscreen makes for long lasting taste satisfaction?

No one ever gets that joke.

Glad you is happy.

geezer squeezer! said...

very sweet. although, icelanders all rave about cod liver oil. even if they are an undernurished looking bunch ;)
but on the upside,taking it makes mum happy. :)
love to all xoxoxox

olga said...

Thanks dudes. Another nice thing about being this far away is still being in contact with you guys. Makes it much more exciting to catch up!

Also, I think I'm gradually being convinced of the magical powers of cod liver oil. I do feel better when I take it, although maybe it's all in my head. Either way works for me!
x